• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Arthritis- the beginning of the end?

Ive always thought that,with my little Lils, but Im determined to fight for her when the time comes.She has had a rubbish life,and is lucky to be alive cos she was for the chop,but she came to me and battles against her kyphosis and lung probs.She will get Arthritis,so will BB but I think if Bun is painfree,eats,drinks,has a bit of exercise,is kept clean,he can continue.
Bun will tell you when hes ready.Thats my philosophy.
Hope youre not facing horrid things.xx

I don't see why it would be, guess it depends on how severe and how old bunny is? I've never lost a bunny to just to arthritis

Don't see why not. (Not that I've experinced it in bunnies) my guess would be if you can keep the mobility good and spirits up by controlling the pain then the prognosis should be quite good also.

:thumb:

Was worried about the problems potentially relating to the different meds and such like and whether or not this was just the start of an unravelling problem of 'age' that would get worse and more severe.

I feel better now. Thanks guys :)

My Inca has arthritis in her hips / back end. She is responding well to Glucosamine, Metacam and Acupuncture. Yes, she will have it for life, but i think that she has a good life just now.

My elderly bun Dylan has arthritis and is on daily metacam. He has slowed down considerably and has had one 'blip' when he seemed very unwell and I rushed him to the vet. He had a stronger painkiller and soon recovered.

I have arthritis and although it does limit some of the things I can do, I am hoping I still have a lot of life left to live!!

I keep a close eye on Dylan but I think he has a good quality of life with many more good days than bad. I now have some tramadol to give him if he goes downhill again but so far, and not wanting to tempt fate, he has not needed it.

no experience of it myself (well, not in bunnies!) but i'm sure pretty lupin's gorgeous nino managed quite well:)

Not necessarily! My Pickles had what could have been arthritis, or maybe he broke a bone in his paw, last autumn. Normally I would have rushed him to a vet straight away but it unfortuantely coincided with Ginger's last struggle, and I was so wrapped up in Ginger that by the time I noticed Pickles it was too late to do anything about it (if it was a break). H had a poorly front leg all winter so was on metacam every day. He's 90% better now, binkying and everything.

berties on metacam daily for the inflamation that sets off his seizures...he also is a snuffles bun.....now he has been diagnosed with athritis in his left hind leg...hes not got any better since that day..but he copes well considering.

pretty lupin said her nino had cat synoquin pills..im going to order some for bertie...

heres the link she gave e..cheaper than the vets she said;)

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/joint-supple...-cats-c-4_271/synoquin-cat-90-capsules-p-1375

My cat managed for at least 4/5 years or so on glucosamine. It was terrible at one stage but the glucosamine made a real difference. I know she was not a bunny but assume the impact on her hind legs would be the same.

She had kidney failure so arthritis was not a factor.

Have hope, all mammals suffer and adjust.

Darcy has been diagnosed with spondilosis which is a form of osteoarthritis. He is on metacam daily. He hops so much better with it. I'm hoping he still has a long happy time left. :)

yes we all hope so too..darcy is such a handsome fella....:love:

how unusual is it for a frenchie to get to 7 years old btw?

ive spoken to a few who said theirs died aged 7 and some ive encountered said thir bun was about 10:shock:
my poor willow was just short of being 2 when we lost her..but she was poss the biggest frenchie i have ever seen close up!

bertie is given the softest bed..nope the floor is nice and cool..:shock:
nikki bought him this amazing huge soft padded bed...sherpa fleece one side..mock suede the other....:love: except him and bluebell are so territorial,,they have been weeing in it non stop...:shock::oops:

Back