• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Benjamin, the story of a battered and broken baby bunny(Edited with clearer link)

Anniebirdy

Alpha Buck
When he first came into my care, this skinny, broken and badly hurt little baby rabbit was close to death. He was so fragile and weak, his vets wouldnt even vaccinate him, he wasnt even strong enough for that. His prognosis was poor, his life expectancy was, if he even lasted that long, a few days at most. Battered almost to death, Benjamin MacBunnington the First clung to life, clung to me, and in time amazed all who knew him as slowly but surely, he overcame every single obstacle on his long journey of healing.
Meet the bunny who loves EVERYONE, and who just loves being LOVED.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecES6DxHibQ

May God never forgive them, for they knew EXACTLY what they did :evil:

Last edited:
Christ!! Poor little man....What and who the hell put him through all that!!!??????????
Noserubs.xxx

Brought tears to my eyes reading and watching a fantastic tribute to a gorgeous little bun!

:love::love::love:

Nose rubs and squeezy hugs to you both!

xxxxxx

Rach x

What a beautiful boy, and how much he has been through in his little life already! So glad he has a safe and pain free home with you xx

Thankyou so much everyone, I did fall deeply in love with him from the moment I saw him, and the backing track is his song forever. I dont know who did these evil, dreadful things to him, he was just about ten weeks old, just ten weeks :cry: I do know though, that there was more than one, they were males, and most likely drunk. he told me the other night...
I was in my friends flat upstairs and had Benj with me, and he was as happy as ever, until, UNTIL her OH came in whom Benj knows and loves of course, but he had 3 guys in their 30's with him. Quite drunk, noisy, bouncing around, not offensive in anyway, just loud and giddily drunk. As I scooped Benj up to protect him from what may well be careless feet, my heart was torn right out of my chest. Benjamin stared at them with such terror on his face, and he just screamed and screamed and fought desperately to get away. This is the bunny who adores everyone. It couldnt have been clearer, it was a gang, a group of men who nearly battered him to death, and seeing those guys, Benjamin remembered. They brought back, without meaning to, the very memories that I hoped and prayed had gone forever from his tormented little mind.
A gang did this to Benjamin, I just know that now.

I am so pleased his story has a happy ending and he is well and loved in a forever home now. Take care little one :love:

You are a miracle Benjamin. xxxx

You will always be surrounded by love.

You have touched my heart sweet little bunny.

Your life is just starting again. This time no pain and suffering.

I've fallen in love with you Benjamin. :love::love:

Your new Mummy and RU will always watch over you.

Bundles of love being sent your way. xxx

:cry::cry::cry:

That made me cry :cry: Poor little bun. How could anyone hurt him? He's so beautiful :love: So glad he's healing and has found his forever home xx

omg, how sad. :cry: but so glad he's pulled through, he's such a gorgeous bunny! How could anyone ever do that to an innocent rabbit - why is it the world is full of evil people :evil: glad he's pulled through though! :love:

Thankyou so much everyone for your kind words and feelings towards my little Benjamin MacBunnington. He is soo different now :D he does still get poorly sometimes, not often TG, but it will always be there, you know, and I can tell so quick by his face when he isnt feeling as good as he should. He hasnt had a fit, or at least a full on fit in ages. Apparently extremely rare in rabbits, a rabbit in full fit is a sight that haunts you forever. The occasional petit mal is all he has had to endure in about 6 months, and we can deal with that :) Dim the room, put low, very low music or tv on, keep him calm and just rub his little twitchy nose and all is very soon well again! headaches, again, not had a bad one for a while, but sometimes fluid builds up on his brain. Can tell very quickly if he has a headache and that is always an immediate and urgent consultation with his vets.
'Nawtiness' is celebrated with glee! The nawtier he is, the more fantastic he is feeling :D I just LOVE naughty!
His stealing..yep, stealing, well Im used to that now. If my keys, phone, pen, purse etc disappear out of my bag, and Ive been foolish enough to leave my bag where he can reach it, well I can nearly always go straight to where the missing goods will be found.... Buried in his hay in his bed. Never chewed, never destroyed, just hidden.
The one, major dark side that I know I must always be aware could simply just happen, a brain bleed, very sudden and severe onset of hydrocephalus, and well, like I said, Im aware and forewarned it could happen... but we have TODAY. We will ALWAYS have today. And thats what counts :love:

You are a miracle Benjamin. xxxx

You will always be surrounded by love.

You have touched my heart sweet little bunny.

Your life is just starting again. This time no pain and suffering.

I've fallen in love with you Benjamin. :love::love:

Your new Mummy and RU will always watch over you.

Bundles of love being sent your way. xxx

This is so very lovely, thankyou! xxx

Can't believe anyone could be so evil :evil:

So glad that you've nursed him and will give him the forever care and love he deserves.

He's gorgeous :love:

Wishing you and Benjamin all the very best.

Back