• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lots of weeds!! lots of pics!!

minilops79

Warren Scout
Can anyone help me? I have a garden over run with weeds and would like to know if any are poisonous! I have no idea what they are so have included pics. Thankyou (Sorry pics are big :oops:)

DSCF1627.jpg

DSCF1626-1.jpg

DSCF1625-1.jpg

DSCF1624-1.jpg

DSCF1623-1.jpg

DSCF1620.jpg

DSCF1619.jpg

DSCF1618.jpg

9 Have loads of these and they grow really tall!!
DSCF1617.jpg

DSCF1616.jpg

DSCF1614.jpg

DSCF1612.jpg

DSCF1611.jpg

DSCF1610.jpg

15 I can see dandelion and clover there but dont know whats below the dandelion, they grow upwards and have thin leaves:?
DSCF1609.jpg

I spurge poisonous
2 safe and yummy
3 and 4 I think it ragwort highly toxic
5 don't know
6 may be ground elder but not sure
7 stinging nettles dry before feeding
8 can't remember will check in my book and update
9 I think it's hawksbit but can't tell without looking at leaves
10 Yarrow safe
11 clover occasional small amounts only and maybe a little geranium in the middle (pink flower)
12 I know this but can't remember the name will update later
13 the one about to flower is possibly chickweed which is safe the leaf next to it with five lobes is creeping buttercup ( poisonous)
14 a mix clover, creeping buttercup and one other I dont know
16 don't know

Phew that was a lot :)

4 and 5 deffo ragwort..evil poisonous stuff..kills horses cows etc:shock:

youre lucky its ground level...buy some tree stump killer and use it NOW i had to pay £250 for soeone to clear ine..it was about a metre high...maybe higher in places...and it was in flower:shock:

5 is ground elder....i think!

11..the little pink flowered plant is called...HERB ROBERT and is actually a wild geranium:shock: i love it....my dads name was robert and a huge patch of it appeared the year he died:):love:

the buns never touch it btw.

7 is nettles

id go have a look at the weeds lists online with piccies....its scary what some plants are!

1 A euphorbia or spurge, posonous to buns and humans, and the sap can blind you

2 A kind of mallow. Some, if not all, mallows, are safe for buns to eat. I'm not aware of any being toxic. It would be worth waiting for your plant to flower so you can ID it properly.

3,4 looks like ragwort to me I'm afraid

5 Not sure

6 Probably ground elder

7 A kind of nettle, I believe that all nettles are safe for buns, although which yours is i'm not sure without seeing it properly

8, 9 - not sure of either of these

10 Yarrow - safe for buns, and humans :)

11 Clover round the outside, some kind of geranium in the middle

12 fumitory

13 The branching one with little white buds looks like a kind of chickweed although it's hard to tell without seeing more of the plant

14 There's clover and geranium in there again...the one with the five sections at teh top right seems to be a cinquefoil (potentilla)

15 Not sure again I'm afraid

I still havnt been able to find out what number 8 is I just found a bit in the run along with creeping buttercup leaves :shock: how much would the buns need to eat of this before it is harmful as I am not sure if they have been nibbling it or not!! Also I have lots of grassy moss, is this safe?

Back