• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes please - jack not eating after neuter.

fiona0529

Alpha Buck
Jack got neutered today, we picked him up and the vet said it had gone well. He has metacam to take for the next few days. The nurse said he hadn't eaten any of the food I provided for him so they had to syringe feed him critical care. He's been home a few hours now and has drunk a fair bit and had a nibble of hay but is otherwise ignoring all his favourite foods. I have critical care so will give him another dose shortly if he doesn't start eating :(

Come on jack, eat for me please :(

Are you sure they are cecals? or could they be his regular poo too?

I've often found unsettled bunnies will eat their regular poo after things like a neuter and after time they will relax a bit more and eat the stuff they should.

I'm sure the vets told you but he needs to be kept extra warm as well. A snuggle-safe might be good. Anaesthetics mess up their temp system for a couple of days...

Thanks, that's on the post op care sheet. Got a snuggle safe for him, a blanket and vetbed. Hope he'll be all snuggly and warm. We've to phone vet for an update tomorrow and he has a check uP on wednesday.

Its also excellent that hes drinking.. it helps to flush the g/a out of his system.
My boy was neutered on Friday and didnt eat when he came home... but he ate overnight and was fine the next day... so try not to worry

Back