• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

aw sounds like he was been very critical for no reason, dont worry :) , i think that professionals sometimes dont like 'normal' people to tell them what is wrong! like if you go to see a doctor and diagnose yourself they dont like it :lol:

and i personally dont see a problem with buns on stairs, mine are outdoor but when inside they love to have a sneak upstairs :love:

to be fair im sure that a bun could catch thier claw zoomin anywher not just on the stairs...
aw the ear thing would of hurt bless, i would prob change vet if i were you to, i changed mine as the 1st didnt seem to know much about rabbts and handling them.

I'm gutted, I left a great hospital as I moved house, I can't warrant travelling 50 mins to a vets. I'm still registered there just incase I can't get an appointment with new vets. Just wish there was something better nearby

aw have you tried posting on here to find a rabbit savvy vet near you :)
such a shame when you have to leave a god vet but i agree is a bit far to travel

I think some vets often think more about what will make the procedure easier for them rather than the animal. One of my vets trances rabbits to examine them :( he used to try and do it to Barney (before I knew it was bad) but Barney doesnt trance and just goes mental instead. Now I just remind them that he doesnt like being picked up (major understatement!)

I think your vet sounds like he has a traditional view of rabbits, and so is likely to not be very rabbit savvy. Why dont you register with another vet, go in for something minor (like a vacc or nail trimming) and talk with them when you are there, quiz them and suss them out, get a feel for if they are any good. That is what I have done with the other vets in town.

I think thats what I'm going to do. Its a shame as the other vet I saw was lovely and was happily chasing Pierre around on the floor :lol:

at the same practice? If so can you not just request that one most of the time, or go in when he/she is working?

Back