• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Christopher Bunny's abscess update :)

i-love-bunnies

Warren Scout
Hi :wave:
Well as some of you already know my bunny Christopher has a huge abscess running from his neck to his rump that has been there for several months now.

My regular vet has tried to treat but his treatment did not seem to be as effective as other treatments I have heard of.

However after a nice chat to Sue Leigh from Southampton Rabbit Rescue I have been able to obtain a series of new treatments from her vet at Companion Care (based in P@H) in Southampton. So things are looking up for Christopher finally.

Sue obviously knows what she's talking about and I have nothing but good things to say about the vets I attended today.

So just wanted to say Thankyou Very Much Sue! :D

Great that he's making progress.

If you do a search you could look at the thread I made about a bunny with a similar abscess, who went on to make a full recovery (touch wood). His name is Toadstool and the key to treating him was manuka honey - it worked miracles.

Sending vibs for a full recovery... :wave:

No problem. Toadstool has been abscess free ever since and yet one very experienced vet had written him off when it happened...

Back