• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some Genghis!

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
Silly, lovable lizard. :lol:

DSC01508.jpg

DSC01512.jpg

DSC01514.jpg

DSC01511.jpg

Last edited:
Awww he is beautiful. :love::love::love:

Stupid questions, does he like handling and interacting with you ? or does he prefer to do his own thing ?

Does he have a run around the house ?

What a great face.:D

We have some bluetongue skinks doing a lot of winter sleeping at the moment.

Awww he is beautiful. :love::love::love:

Stupid questions, does he like handling and interacting with you ? or does he prefer to do his own thing ?

Does he have a run around the house ?

I adopted him when he was an adult and I'm not sure if my friend who had him before handled him a lot. I used to pick him up every day and he was okay with it. I wouldn't say he liked it. He used to kick and scratch me and I would usually end up with scratches on my arms and wrists. When I started to go for counselling I stopped picking him up because I was worried they might jump to conclusions. :oops:

I still pick him up when he has a bath every couple of weeks and when he's done in the bath he will climb up my arm to go back, so he doesn't hate me. Sometimes he gets a run around the house but he gets cold very quickly and usually finds somewhere small and dark to hide and sleep. He has to have a bath first because he usually goes to the toilet in the bath and otherwise he would just go to the toilet somewhere in the house. And it STINKS! It looks like bird poo and smells like human poo. :lol:

He's very good and climbing and jumping so it's quite fun to watch him. :)

I adopted him when he was an adult and I'm not sure if my friend who had him before handled him a lot. I used to pick him up every day and he was okay with it. I wouldn't say he liked it. He used to kick and scratch me and I would usually end up with scratches on my arms and wrists. When I started to go for counselling I stopped picking him up because I was worried they might jump to conclusions. :oops:

I still pick him up when he has a bath every couple of weeks and when he's done in the bath he will climb up my arm to go back, so he doesn't hate me. Sometimes he gets a run around the house but he gets cold very quickly and usually finds somewhere small and dark to hide and sleep. He has to have a bath first because he usually goes to the toilet in the bath and otherwise he would just go to the toilet somewhere in the house. And it STINKS! It looks like bird poo and smells like human poo. :lol:

He's very good and climbing and jumping so it's quite fun to watch him. :)

He must like you if he climbs up your arm.

Didn't know their poo was stinky. Never really thought about it. :lol:

I love bearded dragons and someone i know has some babies for sale!

What is the upkeep on them are they expensive?

I'd say they were expensive to set up initially. The vivarium costs quite a lot and you need lots of branches and stuff in it. But after that it's not much. A couple of quid each month to change a basking lamp and about £40 a year to change the UV light. As babies they need a lot of live food like locust so that would be something like £2 - £5 a week but as they get older they are supposed to become more vegetarian and eat vegetables, salad and fruit. A staple in their diet are spring greens which are very cheap. But Genghis won't eat anything but locust and apples at the moment. :roll:

Locust and apples?? A bit like cheese and biscuits!!!!:lol:

Im sadly parting with my babysitting boy Sir Hiss.Hes just shed,had a mouse,been cleaned out,having a vet check then hes off.:cry:
Gonna miss him.:(
Hes been here a year!! A year to sort out renting where they will have pets!!
Its not as if hes gonna leave fur or scratch furniture...its not carpet or furnished!!

Locust and apples?? A bit like cheese and biscuits!!!!:lol:

Im sadly parting with my babysitting boy Sir Hiss.Hes just shed,had a mouse,been cleaned out,having a vet check then hes off.:cry:
Gonna miss him.:(
Hes been here a year!! A year to sort out renting where they will have pets!!
Its not as if hes gonna leave fur or scratch furniture...its not carpet or furnished!!

I've never had problems getting a house with my pets and I have loads of them. :lol: I've come to realise that when they say no pets they mean no free range pets like cats or dogs. Everyone seemed to be fine with rabbits and chinchillas. And then when I asked if Grim could become an inside bunny my landlord was fine with that too.

Would you ever get another reptile? I've always wanted a corn snake. :)

I've never had problems getting a house with my pets and I have loads of them. :lol: I've come to realise that when they say no pets they mean no free range pets like cats or dogs. Everyone seemed to be fine with rabbits and chinchillas. And then when I asked if Grim could become an inside bunny my landlord was fine with that too.

Would you ever get another reptile? I've always wanted a corn snake. :)

Cant afford it.I ssaw baby corns for 41 pounds, but its the vet,viv,etc.
I have shares in Sir Hiss though.......

Back