• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

no more caecotrophs left ! good news.

Roseberry

Mama Doe
Bella is being spayed today! I know its the right thing to do and it will probably be fine but am still worried.

My OH took her in this morning and we are waiting to hear.

Indoor pen is all set up in the spare room for her.

I hope she is ok :S

Last edited:
thanks everyone!

Ive only just had chance to get back its been a manic day!

We have heard that she has come through the op ok, my OH should be picking her up about now.

I wanted it to be done when he was off work so he could watch her and am glad i did as am so worried!

will see how it goes tonight. I was going to put her back in with Flopsy but they were chasing qutie violently over the weekend so we have put them in a pen with a division so they can be next to each other but she wont be over exerting herself - i hope it works!

Hi Roseberry! :wave:

Sending you loads of happy positive vibes for the recovery and very glad that your bun came thro well!

My girl Lilou was also spayed last Friday - all went well during the op but this weekend was quite tedious to say the least! She was not eating all evening and night and morning too. I got very worried becos its key that they start eating asap! She managed to eat some radish leaves on Saturday and then some treats so phew... By Sunday (yesterday) she was bounding around like nothing happened!! :D Talk about a speedy recovery! So pleased.

As for the chasing, mine were doing that before too... i was also worried. Leo, her brother, did chase and mount her a few times. But after that I think he figured she was no longer fertile, and he gave up! Now, its all peace and licks at home :D

Sorry for the long essay but just wanted to share my recent experience! keep us updated on how shes doing - but im sure she will be just fine :)

Hey Thumper98, thanks for sharing :) :wave:

I am happy as she as eaten and has done plenty of poops and a dribble of wee. :)

Seems very quiet but not chewing at stiches so am hoping she will continue to be ok.
thanks for all the vibes they got her through :)

Bella seems ok and is eating and pooing lots but a had to clear up about 5 blobs of caecotrophs from her pen this morning :( is it normal for her not to be eating them after a GA? has anyone else had this problem?

Yes, that's perfectly ok. it could be because she is sore, because she feels rubbish, because yesterday she ate more volumes of different foods, or anything like that.

Just make sure she is clean and hopefully it will settle over the next couple of days.

Yes, that's perfectly ok. it could be because she is sore, because she feels rubbish, because yesterday she ate more volumes of different foods, or anything like that.

Just make sure she is clean and hopefully it will settle over the next couple of days.

thanks Sky-O. i am such a worrier!

only one caecotroph found yesterday afternoon and none overnight so it seems like she is back on them :) seems to be fine and constantly stuffing herself with hay so back to her old self. she doesnt even seem to have noticed the stitches!

Back