• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If it's just his claw they would likely clean it, maybe give him some pain relief and wait and see if it heals or if he needs antibiotics.

When mine have done that I have cleaned the wound (with boiled water that has cooled to luke warm) and been very vigilant to see if everything heals ok (which so far everytime it has) and I give a drop or two as per my vets long standing Metacam advice.

So if I clean it and make sure everything is cleaned in his pen he'll be ok to take to the vets in the morning? I'm so scared hes got himself firightened and he'll die in the morning

If you're worried then call your vets for advice. :)

In my experience, a nail tear is uncomfortable for a rabbit (obviously) but not distressing as such. I've found some extra TLC and treats and they return to normal quickly.

You have to do what you feel is right for your bunny though :)

I would do the same as Sky-O (clean it and monitor very carefully). Does he seem ok in himself?

I rang the emergency vets and they said it should be fine just to bathe it change bedding and take him in in the morning.

Hes absolutely fine, he doesn't like being picked up so I think through all the stress of me trying to get him off my cream carpets he got angry, he bit me once as I tried to move him. But hes ok now, hes jumping around eating treats.

I let him out for a bit and this happens :cry:

Rabbits break claws all the time so I wouldn't worry. If you've got some painkillers give him a dose of them and check his paw in the morning. I'm sure if you give it a quick clean with salt water or even if he's licked it himself that it won't get infected. But keep an eye on it and if it looks overly red or if he's limping or keeps licking it then take him to the vets.

Given it a quick clean. From what I can see its bent back maybe. Hes cleaned it so it looks much better. Shall get my OH to take him in tomorrow so the vet can confirm just in case.

Why do they do it to us :lol:

Back