• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent Please Help RABBIT SHAKING AND FALLING OVER UD she's gone

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
My dad is on his way now to take me to the emergency vets

Lilith is shaking from side to side and not eating. She was fine this morning and has been for a while.

What could this be? I was thinking it could be EC or a stroke??

She keeps falling over please can someone tell me what it could be? We are going to the vets asap but I just want to know what is wrong with her so I know if the vets is right.

I would be thinking inner ear infection as a starter, but it could be many things. Equally could be pain or or being weak and therefore shakey.

Take some deep breaths and stay as calm as possible.

Good luck.

When you travel her, if you're not holding her (which it might not be sensible to hold her if you're not sure if she is injured or not), use rolled up towels in a carrier to stabilise her so that she doesn't fall over on the journey.

thinkin of you, yes ec, stroke, epilepsy, brain heamarrage, inner ear infection or other seizures are a possibility sending vibes and thinking of you xxx

When you mean shaking do you mean swaying her head from side to side? If so, that sounds EXACTLY how Mischa was during his head tilt episode which we're almost certain was due to an ear infection (maybe EC but I'm dubious about that).

Hope she's ok, whatever it is. :(

Back