• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit bites

when I was badly bitten by Pansy the other day (she mistook me for a rabbit she hates) I was told that I needed one by the doctor/nurse. Fortunately I was already up to date.

yes if you arent up to date, although its less likely to be a problem with a rabbit than an injury caused by something dirty or a rusty nail etc. x

I've been told I should keep up to date with my Tetanus because I have so much interaction with bunnies, so I would say yes. I have mine this week.

Buster bit almost right through my finger when i tried to split up a fight between him and Lola, the pain was awful, i nearly passed out after feeling my bone crunch and almost being able to see it! I never got a tetnus but i wished i had got it checked out as i think he did a bit of damage, the scar still hurts occasionally, i think he chipped my bone! In hindsight, i would defiantly go ifit happened again

That's an overwhelming yes then!! Can't go tomorrow as I'm on a long day at work so I guess it will have to be on Tuesday :( Silly rabbit!! :evil:

In theory an adult should have had 5 tetanus injections in their lifetime, if you have then you should have sufficient immunity. If you haven't it would be advisable to have a booster.
http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Tetanus-Immunisation.htm

That's an overwhelming yes then!! Can't go tomorrow as I'm on a long day at work so I guess it will have to be on Tuesday :( Silly rabbit!! :evil:

It might be worth ringing your GP practice to find out if you are up to date with your booster if you are unsure

Last edited:
Back