• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nettles & Willow

How can i get rid of the sting before feeding it? I know it doesnt bother rabbits, but id rather not get continuously stung, if i can help it :)

ETA: Are the leaves off a "weeping willow" ok for them to eat?...stand by for more questions as i think of them :oops:

Last edited:
I hung mine up and it took about 3 days. That was when it was really hot and dry though.

Cutting it up into small bits also gets rid of the sting apparently. I haven't tried this myself though so can't vouch for it.

Ive been out and got some more hawthorne, brambles, dandelions, goosegrass, different grasses and raspberry leaves. I didnt dare pick the nettles!! :lol: I might try the oven though...when i eventually get the guts to pick some.

Anyone know about the willow? :wave:

How can i get rid of the sting before feeding it? I know it doesnt bother rabbits, but id rather not get continuously stung, if i can help it :)

ETA: Are the leaves off a "weeping willow" ok for them to eat?...stand by for more questions as i think of them :oops:

Rub a dock leaf on the nettle :D

Im the biggest wuss going. xxranxx got stung twice and i stood there laughing! :oops: Id go into a sulk and moan if the shoe was on the other foot, im such a baby! :lol:

I used to be like that but when you have an allotment you can't sadly! The amount of times I've been pricked by a bramble leaf, or thistle or stung by nettles is incredible. Yet I haven't (not yet anyway) broken a nail.

i found after all the pain my pair didnt even like nettles :lol: :lol: :lol:

willow is supposed to be ok according to the book i have, never tried it with my buns tho :wave:

Last edited:
Back