• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wish I could have him!

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
Before I came home for my driving lesson, we were having dinner at my aunties house. I went upstairs as I usually do and went to the back bedroom window to see try and see the next doors rabbit but I could only see the very end of the hutch so I wasn't expecting much... Only they've moved it and I though she said she'd upgraded the hutch for him :( not really at all :(

This was what he had before from p@h:
26015.jpg

And this now only it's a bit shorter on both top and bottom floors and the bottom is an open run bit, not covered:
DRH2100.jpg

It's such a shame because he is a gorgeous bunny.. I'd have him so fast if I could :( but because he's the little boys pet I don't think I could. I've told my auntie to hint that I'm looking to rehome a rabbit for Poppy because the way they keep him is terrible :( He has no hay(from what I could see) no room at all and no grass.. I'd say he could go in his run but (I kid you not..), his run is 2 and a half foot x 2 and a half foot... :evil: and they usually put a huge football in there with him so...

That's not the best of it though! He's a conti cross!!!!! :censored: He was sitting in a squashed ball at the bottom in the corner and filled that space and a little over the half way point of the bottom :cry: I doubt very much that he could stand .. The houses have rabbit friendly gardens and they bunny proofed it but they don't let him out because he tries to escape.. No wonder :( The little boy is .. 10 now and the rabbit is called Mr Muffin I think. He doesn't get attention because my auntie has had to go round quite a few times and sort him out over the weekend and she said he was so fussy and she was there for half an hour. And she let him out which they said not to do but this was when he was in the p@h hutch and he literally had to crawl :cry: She said all he did was run around for the next 15 minutes before he went in for his food.. He's so pretty :( It's not fair on him at all especially because he's so so big :( The mom works late at the hospital and the boy is at his dads most of the time.

I wish I could have him :(

Sorry for the long winded story :( Had to get it off my chest because noone else really understands :(

Last edited:
That's so sad :(

Could they bunny-proof the garden or get a puppy pen to attach to the front of his hutch so that he can have more space when there's someone around to supervise?

That's so sad :(

Could they bunny-proof the garden or get a puppy pen to attach to the front of his hutch so that he can have more space when there's someone around to supervise?

The garden is bunny proof :( That's whats so terrible, but they won't let him out because he was chewing the shed and trying to get out. He's in the hutch all the time :( and she won't spend any more money on him because the hutch was expensive... :shock::roll::evil: I've told my auntie to tell them they can borrow mine though, I just hope they say yes but they're never in :(

Back