• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How high can rabbits jump

Bea & Floss

Mama Doe
And how high would a divider panel need to be to prevent two groups from getting at each other?

I know it varies between rabbits, but what it the highest jump you've seen and also I wonder what the average bunnie can achieve :)

I have a bunny who clears 4ft easily, with absolutely no problems. I would say nothing less than 5ft for a divide.

Rabbits can not only jump, they can climb. I've seen two of my nethies climbing several feet up a wire mesh aviary panel, and I've seen 8 week old baby nethies climb up 3 foot high mesh panels to get to the other side.

Rabbits can not only jump, they can climb. I've seen two of my nethies climbing several feet up a wire mesh aviary panel, and I've seen 8 week old baby nethies climb up 3 foot high mesh panels to get to the other side.

:thumb: It's scary stuff when you see them climb.

So even if it was a 5ft divide could they in theory climb it :shock:

The world record is around 100cm but that's in a competition, I'm sure they could go even higher if determined

A lot of rabbits can easily clear 5ft

Yes, they tend to jump up quite high then climb the rest but it can result in injury to their feet and claws. :(

Baby did this once, jumped about 3ft clung on and tried to climb up :shock:

There's a 5ft fence seperating my grandmas garden and her neighbours, both have almost identical rabbits (both thriantas from the same litter), it all gets very confusing when one jumps over

Baby did this once, jumped about 3ft clung on and tried to climb up :shock:

There's a 5ft fence seperating my grandmas garden and her neighbours, both have almost identical rabbits (both thriantas from the same litter), it all gets very confusing when one jumps over

Aw mischief did it too and bent his claw right back. :(

They can clear a 5ft fence?! Wow :shock: and how do you work out who's who? :lol:

theo did that once..... lol. jumped at it and clung on like a squirrel but he got stuck and i had to get him down he was scared :lol:

So even if it was a 5ft divide could they in theory climb it :shock:

It's a possibility.

Dandelion, a nethie, got over 2 3foot high gates to get into the other side of the aviary last year - his gate is now 4 foot 6, but had a solid panel at the top so that he can't climb that section.

Aw mischief did it too and bent his claw right back. :(

They can clear a 5ft fence?! Wow :shock: and how do you work out who's who? :lol:

Ouch!

Most of the time when it happens Baby's away in her hutch or run :lol: I can easily tell the difference between them and I'm sure my grandma would be able to if she looked closely enough, but they're both rung anyway

Back