• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

a few of my tortoise crew!

touie

Wise Old Thumper
enjoying the little bit of sun we had today!!!

Daisy by the daisy!
IMG_7786copy.jpg

Pansy a bit confused by the new green thing in the run! She tried to eat it for ages!
IMG_7784copy.jpg

another of Pansy, why do they always run towards the camera when you get close lol
IMG_7787copy.jpg

Miss Munchkin
IMG_7797copy.jpg

IMG_7797acopy.jpg

and Bramble
IMG_7792copy.jpg

IMG_7793copy.jpg

They're all lovely!

Your outside enclosure for them looks fantastic too! :)

Do they all live in together? (I have no idea whether tortoises are territorial or not?)

They're all lovely!

Your outside enclosure for them looks fantastic too! :)

Do they all live in together? (I have no idea whether tortoises are territorial or not?)

At the moment Miss Munchkin and Bramble live together and Pansy and daisy live together, however.... due to Bramble being a different species, when they come out of quarantine Daisy and pansy will live with Munchkin and I am going to get 2 more companions for Bramble!

As for territorial I think mine are all girls that are quite placid, I have heard of males being a bit aggressive, I think you need at least 2 females to each male :shock:

Do they live out doors or do they have viv's? Ive been looking into tortoises as im interested in getting one/a pair but ive been a bit put off as most of the info i have read states that they should ideally live outside and i live in a flat with no garden so not sure if they'd be a good pet. I also read they suffer from high stress levels as most are wild caught and i have a 1yr old :? not sure what breed yours are but i was looking as the Russian tortoises

Do they live out doors or do they have viv's? Ive been looking into tortoises as im interested in getting one/a pair but ive been a bit put off as most of the info i have read states that they should ideally live outside and i live in a flat with no garden so not sure if they'd be a good pet. I also read they suffer from high stress levels as most are wild caught and i have a 1yr old :? not sure what breed yours are but i was looking as the Russian tortoises

Mine are inside on bad days and outside on nice days, they wouldn't really do well in a flat. There are some species that come from more tropical climates that may do better in doors, I am afraid that I don't know much about them though, it might be worth asking on shelled warriors forum, I'm sure someone there could help :D

As for being wild caught 3 of mine are UK captive bred, very placid, friendly and generally not spooked! the other was a rehome probably originally wild caught as she was nervous and hissy when she came to me, she is just as friendly as the others now though :D With tortoises it is best to avoid pet shops and go to reputable breeders or rescues

Mine are inside on bad days and outside on nice days, they wouldn't really do well in a flat. There are some species that come from more tropical climates that may do better in doors, I am afraid that I don't know much about them though, it might be worth asking on shelled warriors forum, I'm sure someone there could help :D

As for being wild caught 3 of mine are UK captive bred, very placid, friendly and generally not spooked! the other was a rehome probably originally wild caught as she was nervous and hissy when she came to me, she is just as friendly as the others now though :D With tortoises it is best to avoid pet shops and go to reputable breeders or rescues

Thank you for the info! Yes it seems that the more difficult breeds are suitable to keep indoors :roll: reptiles have never done to well in my care unfortunatly although i think ive just been unlucky in the past and ended up with 2 bearded dragons that had problems before i got them so i donr want anything to difficult to look after! I think i'll wait until i get a house with a garden, until then i'll just enjoy the pics of yours :lol::love:

Back