• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help me hutch search!

crazyames

Warren Scout
Okay I'm moving back in with my parents soon and instead of bringing Frankie's hutch back home with me, Mum wants to get a new one. It needs to be less than a £100 and as big as possible.

If I can't find a suitable one they're going to go for this one in Home Bargains that is a two teir 4foot hutch that I don't want him living in. I'd rather he lived in his slightly old looking larger hutch to be honest.

My parents live near Cardiff so anywhere that delivers there is perfect.

Could you give the old one a lick of paint/wood stain if it's bigger and you can't afford a new one the same size? You could even replace the felt on the roof and possibly line the floors with some offcuts of vinyl flooring to make it look really smart and like new. It would cost much less than £100. :wave:

Could you give the old one a lick of paint/wood stain if it's bigger and you can't afford a new one the same size? You could even replace the felt on the roof and possibly line the floors with some offcuts of vinyl flooring to make it look really smart and like new. It would cost much less than £100. :wave:

This is pretty much what I want to do but I get the feeling the issue is that they don't want to bring it along in the move van :evil:

I got this one new from Ebay a few years ago, I was thinking of buying the hutch I want from here and having it sent to my parent's address so they no longer have to worry. If I buy it myself, at least I know I'm willing to pay more and it'll be suitable.

Back