• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meg White...surgery update p.64

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
We have taken in a new bunny at Wilford Rabbit Refuge today (big thanks to Tracy and OH for transporting her and her husbun to us). My OH has named her Meg White.

She has horrible black lumps on her nipples and bloody discharge from them, so we suspect she either has mammary cancer or a really bad infection (mastitis). If that wasn't enough to contend with, she also has deformed front feet which point outwards and look almost like flippers.

She's booked in at the vets first thing tomorrow, so I'll let everyone know how we get on.

P1010522.jpg

P1010523.jpg

P1010524.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, bless her - poor girl :(

She's absolutely stunning - hope she can be nursed back to health, and that her feet won't cause too many problems.

Lots of positive vibes for her xxxxx

I'm so glad that she's now with you, Amy.

We are keeping everything crossed for tomorrow's trip to the vets and hope that they can make her better.

Meg went to the vets this morning, and the vet thinks the mammary problem is a combination of infection and cancer, so she's on a course of antibiotics to clear up any infection. When the infection is under control we can decide on the best course for treatment of the cancer.

The vet thinks that the 'flipper' front feet are caused by congenital deformity which is likely to gradually get worse and worse :(

I think she's going to need bedding on vet bed because she's already walking on the side of one foot, and unfortunately the deformed front legs mean she's dragging her belly on the floor which is irritating her nipples and causing horrible bloody discharge.

Back