• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finally worked out why they were fighting

Glingle

Warren Veteran
For the last couple of months or so Flop & Bramble kept scrapping. Lots of fur in the run and bald patches on Bramble but no injuries. Tried scatter feeding, locking them in the shed to reduce the space of a couple of days, removed all the litter trays so they couldn't get territorial over them, everything I could think of. Vet had checked them both over so healthy. They'd calm down for a bit and then the fur pulling would start. Blokey was thinking about how he could divide up the run so we could seperate them, it was getting that bad.

Finally last Sunday I was washing up and looked out into the garden and saw a wild bun on the path next to the shed. I opened the door and it legged it under the shed. Bramble was in the run and was sniffing all along the edge of the shed. Flop came over and she went for him. So obviously referred aggression.I stepped in and locked them back in the shed whilst OH tried to evict the wildie. Eventually we got it out of the garden and spent the next hour bun proofing it.

Admittedly we back onto a school field but it is surrounded by houses on all sides so it never occurred to me a bun could be living there!

As you can see the bun seems quite happy in the field - sorry pic is so rubbish

004.jpg

You mean like the bunny came into your house and attacked ure other buns :?

No but it was in the garden and the smell of it was enough to cause her own buns to fight

Glad you sorted out what was causing it fingers crossed the garden stays bun proofed

You mean like the bunny came into your house and attacked ure other buns :?

Glingle mentions referred agression - rabbits are very territorial; they don't like 'intruders' on their patch and will chase them away. In this case, they could smell the wildie but couldn't get to it and so took their frustration out on each other instead (that's what's known as referred agression). :D :wave:

I'm glad you managed to work out what the problem was and hopefully they will settle down now. :)

Back