• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dwarf Lop males - size?

chloemurray

Warren Veteran
I've had a male dwarf lop before, my soul bunny Barney, but his death was so painful that I've kind of blocked everything out, including how big he was.. I have pictures, but they're from when he was a baby.

I was just wondering how big/heavy male dwarf lops *tend* to get? Because Peanut's feet and ears are massive, and I think he's going to be HUGE:shock:

My Cupcake is really big, but I have a feeling Peanut's going to be giant:lol:

I think my two are dwarf lops (crossed with something else, mongrels!!) and the vet has just said they are fully grown, I think they weigh about 1.5kg each? Both boys, they're not particularly huge for rabbits but they are bigger than wild buns.

The problem with dwarf lops is they are only dwarfs of rabbits that are the size of cocker spaniels. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Despite their name, there's very often nothing 'dwarf' about them at all and they're only called dwarf because they are a smaller version of the french lop.

I think the breed standard says they should weight between 2 and 2.5kg but many get much bigger. :)

Then he won't be a dwarf lop. :lol:

They normally sell rabbits in pet shops as dwarfs (apart from the 'giants') to make them more desirable, but often they have no idea.

Then he won't be a dwarf lop. :lol:

They normally sell rabbits in pet shops as dwarfs (apart from the 'giants') to make them more desirable, but often they have no idea.

By giant, I meant a big dwarf lop :)

He definitely has the face shape of a dwarf lop, he just has huge feet and ears, even for the age he is. I just think he's going to be a bigggg boy!:lol:

What age do bunnies stop growing? My dwarf lop is pretty big too and he's not even 1 yet

The smaller the breed, the earlier they stop. A smaller breed will stop around 9-11 months and then just get a maturer physique- often filling out a bit, for example.

ah ok so what sort of age would a dwarf lop stop? Lola my girlie bun is a bit smaller than Buster and she's a 5year old cross (possible nethie cross) and Buster is 6months old.

Chloe do you have any pics i can compare with :)

ah ok so what sort of age would a dwarf lop stop? Lola my girlie bun is a bit smaller than Buster and she's a 5year old cross (possible nethie cross) and Buster is 6months old.

Chloe do you have any pics i can compare with :)

I have one that shows the size difference between my dwarf lop Cupcake and her husbun, if that helps? :)

DSCF0882.jpg

This doesn't really show it properly... she really is big.

Not sure if he is as big as Buster on not, its hard to tell, how old is he?

This is only pic i have of my 2 together as the bond broke down between them but in this pic Buster (the grey lop) is 4months old and Lola is 4 1/2yrs old, he's alot bigger than her now

9ar6tv.jpg

Back