• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Plans and Problems

DemiS

Warren Veteran
Kind of stuck on what to do.

I have seven rabbits at the moment

Flash and Harley are two males that live together. Nami seems to get on well with them, they also seem to like Baby but Baby isn't keen on them :roll: When near my other male they go crazy and I would never attempt to bond them, Harley was badly injured by my male and I don't think he'll ever forget. And the other two thrianta girlies have never met them and I'm unsure how they'd act.

Rory my male gets on well with Baby, and the other girls but mainly Baby.

Baby and Rory are probably the easiest pair

Then Flash and Harley could go with Nami

That leaves the two other girls. These are the awkward ones, they currently live with my dad but I want them away from there as soon as possible, I don't trust them there and aren't talking to my Dad. They used to be bonded but had a fall out and since have tried to go for each other when they can see the other in the run. I don't have much room at home and the last thing my mum wants is more rabbits. If Rory goes with Baby they'll both live at my grandmas, leaving one spare 'place' and if Nami goes with F&H that leave another 'place' but Nami wasn't meant to be there in the first place and she'd still be there just sharing a hutch. I don't want to go into detail but they're better off in rescue than with my dad and that may be the way I have to go :( If I can keep them I'll have to attempt to re bond or bond one with Nami

Very stuck on what to do. I will no longer be breeding or showing

I think after these buns pass away I'm going to hold back from getting anymore until I have my own house, my dream is to have a tan hare and a rhinelander together free range :love:

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm tired :lol:

Are they all neutered/spayed?

I'm a bit confused about what you said....how many buns do you have? Could you put (simply) your options for right now? :wave:

ooh this is a tough one :/
If Rory and Baby go live at your grandmas.
If nami, flash and ahrley live together.
Then wont you have a spare place at your house the for hadley and Daiiro as there will be two spare places ?
I hope Hadley is better now :)

oh and you better still be jumping !!!!

ooh this is a tough one :/
If Rory and Baby go live at your grandmas.
If nami, flash and ahrley live together.
Then wont you have a spare place at your house the for hadley and Daiiro as there will be two spare places ?
I hope Hadley is better now :)

oh and you better still be jumping !!!!

This is what i was going to suggest but it's whether your mum will let you. :(

I have to say i'm surprised that you'll no longer be showing, i do hope you'll continue jumping though!!! :)

I hope they don't have to go to a rescue demi :( You're great at looking after bunnies and i'm sure they are happy with you. I hope you can find a way around the problem. xx

Ok well I think the best way to go is try get Rory with Baby (both need to be fixed first although they've met through bars and were flopped out next to each other).

Flash and Harley and Nami are going together. I woke up early this morning and made a bonding pen for them, there was an interesting Nami on Harley on Flash 'hump train' :oops: but they soon got bored and flopped out. I think Flash was getting a bit jealous as he kept nudging Harley when he was layed with Nami but they do seem to get on very well

That leaves my two other Thrianta girls Hadley and Daiiro who currently live with my dad, they used to be bonded but since the fall out they've been very agressive when they've seen each other through bars. If they could go back together that's perfect, but I can't afford three spays and a neuter in one go, and my mum doesn't want any more rabbits in the garden. If they happily bonded I could even try them with Flash Harley and Nami, but I can't see that happening. If they don't bond and my mum doesn't want them they'll have to be rehomed.

I will still be jumping and I'll try be as involved with the club as I can but it's going to be a lot harder getting lifts to shows now as it was usually my dad who took me

It's all very complicated with the 'spare places'. Nami wasn't meant to be here in the first place. Living with Flash and Harley there'll be a spare hutch but not one less rabbit, plus she's kind of an 'ilegitimate' rabbit. My heads going to explode :( :lol:

Last edited:
I think Girl/Boy bonds are the way to go.Neuter, then pair up!!!:wave:

People usually say boy/girl pairs but my two boys are great together, even with a girlie in the middle :) I defo want Rory and Baby together

Here's Nami, Harley and Flash after about half an hour of bonding...

attachment.php

(sorry about the enourmous picture :oops: you might want to zoom out of the webpage)

Ok well I think the best way to go is try get Rory with Baby (both need to be fixed first although they've met through bars and were flopped out next to each other).

Flash and Harley and Nami are going together. I woke up early this morning and made a bonding pen for them, there was an interesting Nami on Harley on Flash 'hump train' :oops: but they soon got bored and flopped out. I think Flash was getting a bit jealous as he kept nudging Harley when he was layed with Nami but they do seem to get on very well

That leaves my two other Thrianta girls Hadley and Daiiro who currently live with my dad, they used to be bonded but since the fall out they've been very agressive when they've seen each other through bars. If they could go back together that's perfect, but I can't afford three spays and a neuter in one go, and my mum doesn't want any more rabbits in the garden. If they happily bonded I could even try them with Flash Harley and Nami, but I can't see that happening. If they don't bond and my mum doesn't want them they'll have to be rehomed.

I will still be jumping and I'll try be as involved with the club as I can but it's going to be a lot harder getting lifts to shows now as it was usually my dad who took meIt's all very complicated with the 'spare places'. Nami wasn't meant to be here in the first place. Living with Flash and Harley there'll be a spare hutch but not one less rabbit, plus she's kind of an 'ilegitimate' rabbit. My heads going to explode :( :lol:

You know I will always give you a lift to show

Back