• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thinking Of Getting A Budgie

MikePalmer88

Alpha Buck
Im thinking about getting a budgie (or 2) to add to our growing family of pets

We have Mr Schnapples a very friendly and calm bun who has never been around any other pets (other than our fish!)

And wondered if anyone has got/had any budgies before and how they have reacted to the bun.

If i get them im planning on keeping Mr Schnapples in his cage and getting the budgies a large cage too so no cage sharing or anything like that

Just curious if you think there will be any problems

No budgie but I have a cockatiel in the same room as my rabbits.
Just gotta make sure you keep it clean when they're free ranging and stuff. Mine free range at the same time and pretty much ignore eachother, although obviously she is bigger than a budge so less likely to be sat on by a bunnybum!

I have an African Grey.She will call the bunnies over to her.."Come on..Come on then"" and blow kisses!!
Just keep it clean.
Dander and feathers are more likely to affect humans lungs as you are in the house all the time (cough,sneeze).:wave:

I have budgies and buns but they never meet. The birds are in an aviary in the garden and the buns have a run next to it. If you have them both inside in separate and separate free range times it should be fine.

I would definitely get more than one budgie if you can. They like to have a friend :)

Back