• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stasis bunny question

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
I would add a poll but im tired and cant be bothered :lol:

when you have that shocking moment of finding your precious angel in Stasis yet again :cry: what is the longest length of time your stasis bunny has gone without eating properly?

I have had two occasions when Alvin was so poorly it was a week/2 weeks of not eating voluntary or recovering only to relapse for a few days again.

i ask because im currently talking to a fellow RUer on facebook and her Bella hasnt eaten much at all for the last few days despite daily vet visits and it just reminded me of when Alvin was at his worst.

a lady i met at hopper haven once had a bunny in stasis for 8 days she said and the bun still survived. so how long can they go without food when in stasis??

Thankfully Smudge hasn't gone longer than 24 (maybe even 12) hours before finally eating. I always whisk him off, or now give him his meds, as soon as he starts ignoring pellets though.

I's say when mine had it one after the other it was a good week before they were back to their normal selves. That wasnt a whole week without eating anything tho, and they were at the vets for part of it so got syringe fed etc.

I hope Bella gets better soon, such a stressful time stasis :(

Charlie was only in stasis for about 16 hours before he was 100% back to normal... *touch wood* I was lucky

When pie was at her worst it took I would say 4 days until she was eating totally un-aided. During those 4 days she was either at the vets or I was giving her critical care and water by hand.
For her a usual bout of stasis lasts for around 2 days.

Back