• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What Breed/Colour

MikePalmer88

Alpha Buck
Ive had Mr Schnapples for about 9 months now and ive always been really curious as to what exactly his breed is.

We took him of a friend of friend of friend who couldnt keep him anymore and she didnt really give us much information on him etc

Ive included some pics and was wondering if any of you guys had an idea.

I know he is a lop (obvious) but he seems quite a big lop and when we first got him we thought the girl who we rescued him from had not told us his true age and that he might of been a french lop (but he stopped growing!!)

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Looks like a blue tri-colour? Not sure if that's actually the name.

How much does your absolutely gorgeous guy weigh?

Looks like a blue tri-colour? Not sure if that's actually the name.

How much does your absolutely gorgeous guy weigh?

I have absolutley no idea haha he is far to "fidgity" to sit for any length of time!!

I might leave the scales out with some of his favourite treat on it and see then.

People have said he is like a harlequin gone wrong? But ive not seen a colour like him before

The colours are brilliant white, grey >> dark in patches and tan >> dark in patches

At first glance I'd say a broken harlequin dwarf lop, are the darker spots black or a grey blue colour?

I have absolutley no idea haha he is far to "fidgity" to sit for any length of time!!

I might leave the scales out with some of his favourite treat on it and see then.

People have said he is like a harlequin gone wrong? But ive not seen a colour like him before

The colours are brilliant white, grey >> dark in patches and tan >> dark in patches

He's not a harlequin gone wrong :lol: He's just not a solid harlequin. His markings are broken, like a butterfly lops

There are quite a few rabbits on this forum that have the same colour/markings

At first glance I'd say a broken harlequin dwarf lop, are the darker spots black or a grey blue colour?

I would say a really dark grey closer to black than blue, in some patches the grey is really light and then goes darker in colour but not really a blue

I would say a really dark grey closer to black than blue, in some patches the grey is really light and then goes darker in colour but not really a blue

Could be a broken blue harlequin :)

Jeez whoever bred this rabbit seems to of been messing around with genetics :lol: Probably one of the prettiest colours though! I love tri Dutch and Rhinelanders (both have the harlequin with white)

Could be a broken blue harlequin :)

Jeez whoever bred this rabbit seems to of been messing around with genetics :lol: Probably one of the prettiest colours though! I love tri Dutch and Rhinelanders (both have the harlequin with white)

What makes you say harlequin? To me, without the broken, those marks wouldn't look anything like what I know a harlequin to look like. I'm eager to learn something :D

What makes you say harlequin? To me, without the broken, those marks wouldn't look anything like what I know a harlequin to look like. I'm eager to learn something :D

Harlequins don't always have black and fawn stripes, sometimes they are more like spots or patches like the bun in the picture

There's probably modifying genes that makes some rabbits have stripes and some more spots, I believe broken harlequins usually have spots

But the harlequin gene is definately there

His face and ears definately look Harlequin and he also looks to be a dwarf lop.

Gorgeous :D

My dwarf lop Cupcake has similar colouring.. I just call her a tri-colour, even though she actually has about five colours on her:lol:

It may be a slight blurring on the picture, but the second photo makes him look like he's got a little fluffy fringe. Maybe even a small cross of lionhead in the mix too. I love allsorts bunnies! :love: - I quite often call Travis my little mongrel as he's a mixture of a few things!

It may be a slight blurring on the picture, but the second photo makes him look like he's got a little fluffy fringe. Maybe even a small cross of lionhead in the mix too. I love allsorts bunnies! :love: - I quite often call Travis my little mongrel as he's a mixture of a few things!

Well spotted!!

He has an extremely fluffy "forehead"

Back