• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

gummy bunnies greens help? and presents/treats?

winnies angel

Mama Doe
Angel has mouth disease and has regular dentals but lately she isnt really eating her greens. I chop everything really small which is normally ok but now shes not really eating them. Nuggets yes shes fine with them so she has been getting more. She cant eat hay at all how do you manage and what do you feed?

Last edited:
if she is eatign nuggets shouldn't be a reason she isn't eating greens, unless she has probs picking them up..so try making the bits a bit bigger
also try diffferent greens such as fresh herbs..and grating things

yeah we grate carrot etc and buy alsorts of greens but she just doesnt seem to be eating them she goes to them tries to munch and then gives up.
Nuggets are a crushing action and tbh our vet thinks she swallows them whole. She can eat bread so I wondered if they were to flat to chew but if I leave them big she cant snap them up to get in her mouth, im stuck

my other question is what treats for birthdays etc do you buy your dental buns. I used to buy normal treat bars etc and break them up or winston would eat them and break bits off for angel but they seem too hard at the mo for her what else could I get? (im going to try and make white choc raisins later for her, its a her birthday tuesday)

How about steaming the veg and mashing it up into a fine pulp? Perhaps Angel could lap it up so it would be easier to eat.

Diesel is a gummy bunny, I shred his greens into long thin strips ,he seems to find that better than finely chopped , carrots and apple I cut into sticks or grate.

We did the same for Squdigy as Biscuitblossom does - cut greens into long strips and grated carrot and apple. He loved basil leaves as a treat, and chamomile flowers.
With pellets, you can add a little boiled water to them to make a pulp, which helps them to eat it.

Back