• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smellier Than Usual!

MikePalmer88

Alpha Buck
I have a beautiful and playful male rabbit named Mr Schnapples that we have had for over 9 months.

We recently moved to a new apartment (all open plan he loves it)

Since moving Mr Schnapples has almost forgotten how to use his litter he still does but now poo's in other places in his cage

He also smells alot more than he ever did it at our old place....

At first i thought this would be a territory thing since it would be all new smells in the new place....but almost a month later he still stinks really bad.

Can anyone help

if un neutered then he has just reached maturity and bucks can be smelly
Check him underneath and see if his gland openings, either side of his penis..look like splits in the skin, need cleaning..if they do be gentle..a fragrance free baby wipe and go easy as skin in quite thin..but this area can really stink!:shock:
if he is neutered and seems clean then get a vet to check him as he may have an infection

Mr Schnapples isnt neutered no - we have this booked in with our vets for the 15th Aug!

The apartment is bigger than our last place so dont think its the smaller space :)

He is about 16 months old so i thought that was a bit late for him to becoming mature, i thought it would have been earlier :?

Mr Schnapples isnt neutered no - we have this booked in with our vets for the 15th Aug!

The apartment is bigger than our last place so dont think its the smaller space :)

He is about 16 months old so i thought that was a bit late for him to becoming mature, i thought it would have been earlier :?

Neutering should make a difference, and yes try clean his scent glands, you might want a peg on your nose :mrgreen:

The move may have brought on an outbreak of hormones - and actually if he now has more space and a new environment to 'make his and protect' then this will have exacerbated it in the short term. Neutering will help muchly!!!

The move may have brought on an outbreak of hormones - and actually if he now has more space and a new environment to 'make his and protect' then this will have exacerbated it in the short term. Neutering will help muchly!!!

Definately this!!!!!:wave::wave::wave:
Love the name!!

Back