• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bungee is home from the vets.....with a floppy ear

clarebear

Mama Doe
Collected Bungee this afternoon, after her spay yesterday. I have made her a little bed in the dining room, so she is nice and warm and quiet.

She's been eating a little and is a bit quiet, but I would think that is pretty normal. Back to the vets on Monday for a check up. She is a bit swollen and bruised....poor little girl :love:

How long should I keep her indoors for? I guess it's slightly different for every bunny.

Last edited:
She will need restricted access for at least 10 days, but as for being inside, that varies rabbit to rabbit. Read her and watch for her signs as to what her needs are.

When we got home from the vets yesterday one of Bungee's ears had flopped down, so one up one down. Still like it this morning. Could there be any reason for this? We're off to the vets for a check up tomorrow anyway.

In my experience, those with 'aeroplane ears' (or just with lop in their genes and a slightly loser crown) will have more droopy ears if they feel rubbish, so maybe that's why she has a droopy ear and she may pull it back up when she feels back to normal. It may also be the ear that they used the vein in (if they did all the necessaries using IV as opposed to IM- intra muscular).

:roll::roll::roll::roll:

she would follow the trend!

her brothers scratchy,zuma and sister bailey have done this:shock: just out of the blue:shock:

In my experience, those with 'aeroplane ears' (or just with lop in their genes and a slightly loser crown) will have more droopy ears if they feel rubbish, so maybe that's why she has a droopy ear and she may pull it back up when she feels back to normal. It may also be the ear that they used the vein in (if they did all the necessaries using IV as opposed to IM- intra muscular).

Thank you, I thought that's what it might be. At least I will know when she is feeling better! Thank you for answering all my questions! :wave:

One of my foster bun Josie's ears has just lopped from having a drip for two nights. I think she looks extra cute now, bet Bungee does too! I hope she recovers soon xx

were baby sitting Bailey monster at the moment i plan to get photos of everybun tomorow so ill make a family album for bungee:D

Awww that would be lovely. I got some great photos of Jay and Ruby when we came to pick Bungee up :love:

She's been back to the vets today and they are really pleased with her. She is back outside again with Bramble.

Here's a photo of her 'helicopter' ears!

003orn.jpg

Back