• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Off to emergency vets with Hattie

Lillian

Warren Veteran
She's lost about half her body weight since yesterday.. She's eating and moving around but keeps closing her eyes and scrunching her face up. She's just so thin :cry: she's always been a round bun, now I can feel every bone.

My rabbit savvy vet is closed, I'm having to rush to the vets that told me Violet was fine when he was clearly in stasis and I ended back their having him admitted a few hours later :?

Any clues what could be wrong?

Maybe she has a blockage of some sort, sounds like she is uncomfortable. Try and be firm with the vet, if you think they need to do more tell them! Sending lots of vibes for Hattie xx

We're back. Her guts seem to be moving normally, so it's unlikely to be stasis. But there is some sort of mass, not solid, and not in the intestines. The vet said it might be fecal matter or possibly a tumour. She told me to separate Hattie from the group. Keep a very close eye on her eating and drinking habits and most importantly keep an eye on her bowel movements.

She told me to bring her back in Monday, if the mass is still there, she'll need Xrays to determine what it is.

I've put her in the spare room and given her loads of food. She was over 4kg last time I took her to the vets, today she's 3.2kg. She's happily munching some fresh veg.

Least she's eating, it's horrid when they stop cos you feel like they're giving up. But she's still fighting so that's good. Hope it's not something sinister.

She's finally pooing and still eating but there's definitely something wrong with her :(

Thank you for the vibes :)

Back