• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am I a bad bunny mummy?

Pebblesetc

Mama Doe
I'm going to Oxford this evening to see my mom. I'm staying over and seeing Harry Potter with her tomorrow then coming back here after the cinema. OH is coming with. But Buckley is staying here.
I feel awful leaving him behind, I feel like I'm abandoning him. But for one night it wouldn't be fair to take him either as he gets really stressed in the car and it's a 2 hour drive.
He will be alone for 24 hours. :( He'll get lonely, I know he will because I'm always with him. This will be the first time I've left him for more than 12 hours.

And what if something happens to him and I'm not there to look after him :(

I know OH's mom will check on him but it isn't the same. She might not know what to look for. I've written a list but still, she doesn't know Buckley like I do.

Oh hun I do feel for you, I get such guilt if I ever go away too. Barely go anywhere these days :(

Honestly though he will be fine, its only 24 hours and your OH's mum will make sure he's OK. If hes anything like my lot he'll sleep over night anyway. Maybe leave him a jumper or something that smells of you for him to snuggle in to.

Dont feel guilty, its important for you to see your mum and you'll be back in no time to spoil him like crazy :love:

yes.terrible.but thats the way bunnies make you feel!!
Parrots are even worse!!!!!! They shout See ya later when youre on the way out the door for a 12 hr shift and all they have is the radio on for company!!

I know how you feel, I have to go to work, and can be away for 24 hours, even though I just work down the road. My step-mum looks after them when I am at work, and if anything was wrong she'll phone me. I hate being away from them :(

Try not to worry about him, go and have fun.

doing the same with my guys but i have 8 being left :shock: and someone house sitting with mine but they havent spent time with the person whos petsitting before so they are going to kill me when i get back:shock:

i always hate leaving bella and jasper. to make matter worse bella really hates it, she will hide whenever my mum comes to feed them and let them out :( so i know that she is unhappy and i worry she will stop eating. she then ignores me for a few days when im back which makes me feel awful :( i have to bribe her with treats i know she cant have but she loves just to get her to forgive me :roll:

jasper on the other hand is a floozy and as long as your female (he hates men, especially OH) he's yours :lol:

to be honest though i think they play on your emotions, because i get distressed leaving them i think bella feels it and this makes her worse :oops:

Bella sounds just like my Honey! She hates it if I go out and sulks for days afterwards :roll:

i always hate leaving bella and jasper. to make matter worse bella really hates it, she will hide whenever my mum comes to feed them and let them out :( so i know that she is unhappy and i worry she will stop eating. she then ignores me for a few days when im back which makes me feel awful :( i have to bribe her with treats i know she cant have but she loves just to get her to forgive me :roll:

jasper on the other hand is a floozy and as long as your female (he hates men, especially OH) he's yours :lol:

to be honest though i think they play on your emotions, because i get distressed leaving them i think bella feels it and this makes her worse :oops:

Personally I couldn't leave Frodo for twenty-four hours. Not only because he's an indoor bunny but he relys on us for companionship. And what if he became ill? Not only that but I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself for worry!:lol:
I am very lucky that I have brilliant understanding friends and such a chilled out bun, a few times now Frodo's been packed up - dog crate and all - to spend a night or two at a friends.

Personally I couldn't leave Frodo for twenty-four hours. Not only because he's an indoor bunny but he relys on us for companionship. And what if he became ill? Not only that but I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself for worry!:lol:
I am very lucky that I have brilliant understanding friends and such a chilled out bun, a few times now Frodo's been packed up - dog crate and all - to spend a night or two at a friends.

If Buckley got packed up for just one night he'd end up a very ill bunny. He finds travelling incredibly stressful. He spends the whole journey stood up in his carrier, eyes bulging, refusing food. I couldn't do that to him for a one night sleep-over, it would be selfish.
If he travelled well I'd never leave him though.

Back