• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Amazing recovery

Liquorice

Mama Doe
:cry: My bunny is in hospital now because she is being spayed and when i dropped her off this morning the vet said she could die!:shock: I'm really worried.
I need vibes please!!!

I'll update soon :cry: :(

Last edited:
Try not to worry. There is a risk to a rabbit have an anaesthetic, but the better the vet, the lesser the risk.

Hopefully your bunny will come through and recover quickly.

Try not to worry, I'm sure she'll be fine :) they just have to tell you that to make you aware of the risks, most bunnies will be absolutely fine and back to themselves in no time :) xx

it's such a worry when they need anything but she will be in good hands with a good vet. and spaying is a lesser risk than what she might get if unspayed so you're doing the right thing. it doesn't help with the worry though, i know. :roll: take care x

Just make sure shes got plenty of pain relief and lots of tasty tempting treats to encourage her to eat when shes home!!:wave::wave:
Lots of vibes shes ok.xxxxxx

There is a risk, yes, but it is tiny. I help at a rescue and can't remember the last time we lost a bun because of a spay.

Hope your girl is ok. Have the vets talked to you about aftercare?

Good recovery vibes for the bun bun, and relaxing vibes for you.

Both my bunnies were spayed and Adelle was just a bit doppy that night, and Sherlock was a little quiet for a few days and then both were absolutely fine. It's one hundred percent the right thing to do otherwise otherwise you are risking cancer later in life, and also high levels of hormones which can make them stressed as well.

There is a risk, yes, but it is tiny. I help at a rescue and can't remember the last time we lost a bun because of a spay.

Hope your girl is ok. Have the vets talked to you about aftercare?

The vet said to bring her super tastiest treat this morning so we can try and wake her they said she could be a little agressive at first

The vet said to bring her super tastiest treat this morning so we can try and wake her they said she could be a little agressive at first

You also need to make sue they give/have given her pain relief, and that you very carefully monitor her eating, drinking and pooping afterwards. If she's not doing these things you may need to take her back to the vet for extra treatment. good luck :)

Yay!!!!!! The vet rang up and told me Liquorice was really drowsy and din't eat basil but she's ok :D :D :D :D :D:wave: :wave: :wave: :) :) :) i'm happy!!!! The vet said come pick her up at half two top three. He said to moniter her poop and her urine and if she is eating :)

Yay!!!!!! The vet rang up and told me Liquorice was really drowsy and din't eat basil but she's ok :D :D :D :D :D:wave: :wave: :wave: :) :) :) i'm happy!!!! The vet said come pick her up at half two top three. He said to moniter her poop and her urine and if she is eating :)

Pain relief!! Dont forget pain relief!!! So glad shes ok!!!Now you can stick up some pics of her!!!!:wave::wave::wave:

Thatt's brilliant. I'm glad :) Make sure you get some pain relief to bring home and give for the next few days. She will have had some today, but will need it for a few more days. Don't leave without it. If they are reluctant to give you any, then ask if they would like a hysterectomy with no follow up pain relief.

Back