• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Waffle please U/D she's home :) :)

hellsdarkrose

Warren Veteran
I have woken up this morning to a very poorly bun :( she is cold, not eating and doesn't look like she's pooped since I went to bed last night. Most telling of all she will let me touch and pick her up with no struggle which is not like my lively people disliking bun bun.

I'm getting ready to take her to vets and will be there when the doors open. Vibes much appreciated as last time she was this I'll she was hospitalised for 2 days.

Last edited:
loads of vibes xxxx

must be something in the air, Alvin was off yesterday morning and another RUer on my facebook has a stasis bunny at the mo too :(

Really hope Waffle feels better soon xxxx

She has a big blockage :( vets are keeping her in for probably the whole weekend to intensively nurse her. They are even talking surgery on Monday :(

I don't understand she did some poops before I went to bed last night and was nibbling hay :(

The vet was mean insisted I must have changed her diet when I haven't :(

Crikey thats happened so quickly. At least she is in a good place to be looked after

That's what I don't understand how can it be a blockage if she was pooping last night. He said her tummy was really distended like the food was going in but not all of it was coming out. :( He mentioned twisted gut but doesn't think it's that at the moment.

My poor baby. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Please dont blame yourself. I see that Waffle is a REW, is she a NZ White by ay chance ? I ask as NZ whites have a predisposition toward a CONGENITAL condition, Pyloric Stenosis. This means that a thickening occurs at the outlet of the stomach, the Pylorus, preventing the stomach from emptying

http://homepage.mac.com/mattocks/morfz/pyloric.html

Lots more vibes being sent xx

Oh honey! Im so sorry Ive only just seen this. Poor Waffle! :(
This is what Pie got like but we got to the bottom of her problem (deformed ceacum)
Sometimes it the worst thing about bunnies - when they go down hill for (what looks like) no apparent reason.

I almost lost Pie and she was in intensive care and was given the option of surgery - she had a 30% chance of making it through so I went down to the vets to see her for 'one last time' night before the surgery and that morning got a call and she had started eating and had made a miraculous turn-around.
I think the point I am trying to make is sometimes when it seems like it's going badly, it can turn around. :)

(((hugs))) Keep us updated. xx

Back