• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit cuddles

Auzelia

Young Bun
how long after adopting a rabbit will I earn his trust so that he comes up and lets me stroke him or even for him to sit beside me :cry:

I want rabbit cuddles but I dont want to just pick him up.

:love::love:

It really depends on the individual rabbit....some of mine have been all over me from the first day...one of them took over 6 months to really trust me (and she's still not entirely sure!)

You could start by offering him a bit of food from your hand, and stroking him while he eats it, so he learns that the stroking is a good, safe thing.

good luck....it might be a slow process...but it will be worth it :)

he is really friendly and lets you stroke him in his crate etc but he just wants to do his own thing outside of it lol :roll:

He is so nosy :lol:

He's probably just into doing his own thing. I have two buns, one will sit for hours and let me stroke him and cuddle him as long as its on the floor, the other will scarper as soon as I touch her, I cant handle her at all. Its not even like shes scared of me, she'll come when I call and follow me about, she'll climb on me and even sniff my hand - but if I touch her she'll run off and I know I'll have to make it up to her for her to trust me again.

Its all about learning what your bunny likes, it sounds like he doesnt mind being stroked too much but maybe you're getting in the way of his adventures! You can try stroking him when he is eating, although watch he doesnt have food territory issues, thats a good way to lose a hand! Just take things at his pace, he may become a cuddle-bun, but many dont. Just make sure its on his terms.

my buns are very different to each other floppy is so trusting he will lay on the floor with you for strokes and ask for them but flopsey wont let me touch her or oh ! but she will allow our son to once a week lol shell take food from us and thats as far as she goes its just her way although the buns are very much in love always nx to each other i some times get the feeling all im needed for is food lol

Back