• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bumble bunny as a baby!

bumblicious

Warren Veteran
Here is my Bumble bunny when she was a baby it was right when we first got her
She wouldn't let me do this to her now she's terrified of being picked up!

Hope you like it - it's a video

Yes the vet said I shouldn't bother about getting her used to being picked up cos most don't like it cos they think you're going to eat them and cos she's over 6 months she'll probably never get used to it.

Ruthie xxx

Excuse the panic in my voice at the end I panicked the dog was with the cats when we weren't there! She wasn't of course

Ruthie xxx

:love::love::love: She was a very cute baby..... and still as cute now judging by the other photo you posted the other day. :)

There are some things you can try to get Bumble a little more used to handling; it's quite a slow process though and she may not ever 'enjoy' being picked up but it might at least help you both get to the stage where she will tolerate it. More info here:
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/care/handling.asp

Generally, bunnies are much happier with all feet on the ground though; I don't know if you already do it, but you can hand feed veggies etc while sat on the ground and bunnies are usually happy to clamber all over you to get to the food. :D:love:

I'm actually taking her and one of my cats Moonbeam to the vets today. Bumble is getting her vhd vaccination :shock:

Ruthie xxx

I hope it went well at the vet. :D Bumble will no doubt be sulking if she's anything like my two! :lol:

Back