• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thank You :o)

caylar

New Kit
Hello guys,

I came on yesterday with a thread regarding me losing my rabbit and you were all SOOO kind - so thank you so much!

I have a question regarding Topsy (she is my rabbit left behind)! I have been sleeping downstairs with her and trying to make her feel less lonely and she seems ok? Now dont get my wrong I dont want her to be sad but why isnt she?? She is eating lots, I have got all her fave stuff and she seems content and grooming lots! I am crying all the time and she is being so brave - do I need to do anything to help her? What would anyone in this situation advise please as I love her so much and let Thumper down - dont want the same to happen again xxxxx

Lots of attention and lots of tasty noms like herbs, dandelions and some big handfuls of fresh grass. She will get there but she will need time.

All buns are different. I have had three separate buns left behind after their partners passed on and none of them "grieved" as such. Apache seemed a bit quiet, but I think that was just because he missed company, rather than missed Sorrel specifically.

I dont know how rabbits process loss but I bet it's different to how we do. Maybe some of them are just more accepting of death, and don't go into denial/grief like we do.

Anyway if Topsy is doing well, that's a good sign :) All she needs is for you to keep a close eye on her, which I'm sure you're already doing. I hope she continues to do well, and that she brings you comfort as you grieve for Thumper.

Back