• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dislocated toe?

tiger_lily

Mama Doe
Last time we cut Oscar's claws, I noticed one of them seemed almost loose and wobbly. I mentioned this to the vet when we were there for his vaccination and she said the nail isn't cracked, so he may have dislocated his toe somehow, causing the nail to stick up more than the others and feel loose. Is this right? It doesn't seem to cause him any discomfort when we touch/move it, and he can walk fine on it. How could he have done it?

My Fudge has a toe like this too - she did it by leaping onto my shoulder whilst at the vets for her post-spay checkup - and obviously flying right off the other side - a ~5ft drop!

I would imagine any reasonable fall and slightly off landing could do it?

My Fudge has a toe like this too - she did it by leaping onto my shoulder whilst at the vets for her post-spay checkup - and obviously flying right off the other side - a ~5ft drop!

I would imagine any reasonable fall and slightly off landing could do it?

Could be. I can't think of any time Oscar has had a big jump/fall, but I suppose he could have easily done when we weren't home. Jessie is our jumper normally!

Could be. I can't think of any time Oscar has had a big jump/fall, but I suppose he could have easily done when we weren't home. Jessie is our jumper normally!

Well they do like to keep us guessing. It has never bothered Fudge at all since the day she did it though and it's been about 2 years now. Sure he'll be ok. bless.

Back