• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dandelion's first poorly visit to the vet

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
Dandelion has only ever been to the vet for jabs and nail clipping (and the plum fairy) before now - he's only had tummy ache once before, and that soon recovered with tummy rubs from Nanny Pat and some Gripe Water.

Today he had tummy ache that wouldn't go away :( so he had his first ever solo trip to the vets :shock: Clover would have accompanied him......but refused to be caught in time :roll:

He was a very brave boy, and was only slightly offended when the vet kept calling him a 'little sausage' :lol: He was a bit stubborn about having a thermometer up his bum, though, and when it came to checking his ears he closed them up tight to make it really hard for the vet top look inside - I didn't know that bunnies could clamp their ears shut like that :lol:

He's back home and set up indoors with Clover......and is now eating for England again :love:

poor lad! glad he's feeling like eating now though:D

hehehehehe - no sleeps for you tonight with those 2 inside!!

:shock: I did not know rabbits could do that with their ears either!

I'm glad Dandelion is eating and okay. xx

Poor Dand hope hes ok now.
How did you know he had tummy ache? Do they gurgle?

With Dan it's cos he won't come running our for his treat and hides underneath the hutch in the back corner. They all look a bit different - you learn to tell the signs with each bun.

With Dan it's cos he won't come running our for his treat and hides underneath the hutch in the back corner. They all look a bit different - you learn to tell the signs with each bun.

Aww bless him.
I'm trying to look for signs luckily haven't had any. Pierres hard because hes so grumpy all the time.

I just saw the pics! :lol::lol::lol:

Poor man, Bubbles knows exactly how you feel - she had to suffer the embarassment of a thermometer up her botty last time she went to the vet too. :oops:

I just saw the pics! :lol::lol::lol:

Poor man, Bubbles knows exactly how you feel - she had to suffer the embarassment of a thermometer up her botty last time she went to the vet too. :oops:

Dandelion: I kept pushing the thermometer out - I have good botty muscles :D

Back