• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone have a spare 6x4 metal run for two rescue bunnies?

Hi,

We have a couple of angoras coming in who will need special care because of their coats. We have a fosterer who is prepared to help with them, but we require a 6x4ft metal run for her as she doesn't have one.

She is based in huddersfield if anyone could get one to her it would be appreciated.

Does anyone have one that they are not using which could be borrowed or donated towards helping these bunnies.

Many Thanks
Jane
p.s If so please email with details. Thanks

Last edited:
I can't help with the run but I'm very interested as to where these angora's have come from. I recently did work experience in a pet shop where there was an angora in a very bad condition from an auction, Littleboots actually rescued the bun, I wonder if it could be the same breeder? I doubt there's many people with angora's in the area

A lady from Doncaster contacted us - she doesn't have time for them as her and her husband are working long hours and her parents (older people), can't cope looking after them.

She has contacted all the rescues across the country and they are full, so we said we would take them. We now have a lovely lady in huddersfield who is happy to foster them for us.

They will be veterinary checked and vaccinated first however and neutered if required. She said they are neutered, but this will be checked. They are a male/female pair.

The lady said she will be sad to see them go and she has had them for a long while. I don't have any details of ages yet though. I'm not sure if they would have come from the same breeder. I remember the pet shop angora you were speaking of though. The one quite recently. Did it end up being reported as a cruelty case?

A lady from Doncaster contacted us - she doesn't have time for them as her and her husband are working long hours and her parents (older people), can't cope looking after them.

She has contacted all the rescues across the country and they are full, so we said we would take them. We now have a lovely lady in huddersfield who is happy to foster them for us.

They will be veterinary checked and vaccinated first however and neutered if required. She said they are neutered, but this will be checked. They are a male/female pair.

The lady said she will be sad to see them go and she has had them for a long while. I don't have any details of ages yet though. I'm not sure if they would have come from the same breeder. I remember the pet shop angora you were speaking of though. The one quite recently. Did it end up being reported as a cruelty case?

Just made me wonder as angora's aren't exactly a popular breed. And yes I believe the RSPCA and local council are dealing with it :)

Does the lady who is handing them over have a run that she can donate with them? Presumably they live in something at the moment, which she will no longer need if she's giving them up?

Back