• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

spays booked so scared

My Bumble is booked in too in couple of weeks I am so so scared
So scared of this gut stasis I don't want anything to happen to her :shock:

Ruthie xxx

i know i wasnt this bad when had smudge done cos his operation wasnt as invasive but theirs are and terrified they dont eat or they go into stasis...got a good vet tho so maybe i will calm down by tuesday :D

I am terrified by that too
This is my first bunny neuter and all I hear is that they're harder than cats and dogs and anaesthetic and then this gut stasis now too. I know I will be worrying the whole time until she's better.... I've taken the day off work!

Ruthie xxx

i know what you mean hun am keeping all fingers and toes crossed for em...its gotta be done especially the twins so gotta be strong and let the vet do their job :D

I'm wanting to get my Ruby spayed too but I can't bring myself to make the appointment. So worried something will go wrong and I'll spoil the lovely friendly bunny I have now:(

I want her to have a bunny boyfriend though, so I'm going to have to go ahead soon:)

I'm wanting to get my Ruby spayed too but I can't bring myself to make the appointment. So worried something will go wrong and I'll spoil the lovely friendly bunny I have now:(

I want her to have a bunny boyfriend though, so I'm going to have to go ahead soon:)

I really understand how you feel, I too feel the terror. Cleo is living with Bruce who has been neutered and they are getting along really well. I think it is a much harder decision to get the girls done. I know I need to do it but keep putting it off

Please dont tear my eyes out for not rushing off and getting it done immediately

the fact that you're not rushing into it shows how much you love your bunny....of course.....it works the other way too!
if you love your bunny you'll get her spayed for her sake:(

So, so, difficult:(

Hope everything goes well, I'm sure they'll be fine :) Your vet should give them an injection on the day of their op to keep their tummy moving and give you some medicines to syringe them when they come home to ensure they're getting enough nutrients. They'll be back to hopping around before you know it!

It's so much better to get them spayed now, you don't want to leave it and find they have problems when they are older and have to have an emergency spay.

Bungee was spayed yesterday, going to collect her from the vets this afternoon. I'm sure your girls will be fine :wave:

Back