• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help! Rabbit licking and biting off fur of other rabbit

charlene

New Kit
Hi all, :)

I have a problem with my two rabbits Archie and Lola. They get on great apart from Archie pinning Lola down and licking and nibbling around her eyes.

She now has patches around them. I have separated them and also because i think Lola could be pregnant.

Does anyone know why he is doing this? He isnt doing it in a nasty way. Sometimes Lola runs away but most of the time she just lies there and lets him do it.

:?

Please help!x

Thanks.

Lola and Archie xxx
2-7B0D301B-1686407-800.jpg

Last edited:
if neither of them are neutered then this is quite likely to happen because of the hormones...

you say she might be pregnant? She would definitely get pregnant if shes not neutered and nor is he and they are living together.....

for them both to be happy you need to get them neutered then wait 6 weeks after the neutering before putting them back together

perhaps you should take her to the vet to check if she's be pregnant?.

If you do think she is pregnant then there are lots of threads on here that may help prepare you for the birth and what to expect after(apart from removing the male bunny as soon as possible after the birth I believe?)

I think rabbits are only pregnant for 7-8 weeks and can have several babies in a litter.

sue:wave:

its probably the hormones hun...u should keep them seperate until after she has her kits i believe incubation is between 30-32 days...and i would recommend getting them neutered to prevent more kits :D

Back