• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Insurance

karen1980

Mama Doe
Please can you advise which ones in your experience are best and have you heard of the following:

exoitic direct - not sure about these?
helpucover.co.uk - seems you arent insured for dentals until you've had the policy 2 years :shock:
petplan - heard bad things!
pets at home

Im sure we've had this before but in my defense I did searcht he forum.

x

Just be aware they all have similar exclusions (mainly dental related) and also will not cover any existing illnesses, or anything new within the first 14 days of the policy.

I found that out the hard way with Petplan :roll:

Do you know if they cover anything that does arrive after the 14 dyas but is re-occuing if that makes sense?

Like ongoing dental issues later in life or hip problems etc...

I couldnt find anything specific regarding opngoing for petplan or exotic pets.

Do you know if they cover anything that does arrive after the 14 dyas but is re-occuing if that makes sense?

Like ongoing dental issues later in life or hip problems etc...

I couldnt find anything specific regarding opngoing for petplan or exotic pets.

They won't cover any pre-existing conditions, no, not from my understanding.

PetPlan and Pets at Home for life policies will cover recurring illnesses as long as they aren't pre-existing.

In my opinion PetPlan are the best. They give the best coverage and have sensible excess and claim limits.

thanks, I found exotic direct and just trying to find out fi they do the same.

I heard that pet plan was expensive but I guess sometimes you get what you pay for. :?

Does anyone know if any of these give discount for multi pets?

After having two large vet bills so far this year for Molly and Tabitha I've decided I need insurance. I have eight cats and eight rabbits - four of these are too old to insure. I am hoping one of the companies will offer some sort of discount - or maybe I am being too optimistic.

(Sorry to hijack your thread, Karen:oops:)

I have petplan and i have claimed for my existing two and my Kermit before. I have never had any issues with getting the claims paid.

Back