• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ideas for a grass box

Pebblesetc

Mama Doe
We want to introduce Buckley to the joy of fresh grass and grazing... but we have a dog and the garden is her domain and as such, every last inch has at some point been toileted on.
Also, we can't afford to save for his neuter and buy a secure outdoor run.
SO, we want to bring the outdoors indoors for our fuzzy little housebun.
We were thinking a window box or a plastic storage box in which we could grow grass, dandelions, daisies, etc. for him to graze on, indoors.
He'll be allowed outside in our place in Bristol as we have a patio and no other animals when we're at uni. He'll also have free range and the garden is easily bunproofable so he can have supervised outside time with a digging box too.

If anyone has given their buns an indoor lawn to graze on, how did you do it?

This is my grass and herbs growing to come indoors for Floppy when he broke his leg. I just kept cycling the trays in and out when they were munched right down. The hutch is now totally different BTW!

GrassHutch.JPG

This is my grass and herbs growing to come indoors for Floppy when he broke his leg. I just kept cycling the trays in and out when they were munched right down. The hutch is now totally different BTW!

GrassHutch.JPG

They look really lush and green. **must hide from buckley before he tries to eat the screen of my laptop :lol:**

I was amazed how well they did! Tesco value grass seed! here they are tucking in.
SDC11100.JPG

Rabbit nutrition on eBay sells grazing mix which is grass mixed with various plants.

I was amazed how well they did! Tesco value grass seed! here they are tucking in.
SDC11100.JPG

Rabbit nutrition on eBay sells grazing mix which is grass mixed with various plants.

They look better than our lawn :lol:

Haha, is it wrong that I'm excited to be growing trays of grass :oops:

They look better than our lawn :lol:

Haha, is it wrong that I'm excited to be growing trays of grass :oops:

They are much better than the lawn. So much so I got more seed and put it on the lawn and it failed there.:(. At least the rabbits were happy.

Don't worry, I was stupidly excited too.:oops::oops: explains why I have so many pictures!!

Here are the plants in the rabbit nutrition mix

smoothe stalked meadow grass
rough stalked meadow grass
red fescue
meadow fescue
tall fescue
meadow foxtail
timothy
crested dogstail
bent
cocksfoot
ryegrass
ribwort plantain
cats tail
birdsfoot trefoil
red clover
white clover

Here are the plants in the rabbit nutrition mix

smoothe stalked meadow grass
rough stalked meadow grass
red fescue
meadow fescue
tall fescue
meadow foxtail
timothy
crested dogstail
bent
cocksfoot
ryegrass
ribwort plantain
cats tail
birdsfoot trefoil
red clover
white clover

I searched for their ebay shop :D Sounds like a good mix of tasty bunny noms!

Back