• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help eye infection after neuter?

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
zuma has been neutered today and since coming home has eaten and pooped but his eye is watery anfd has a bit of gunk. what can i do tilli get him to the vet in the morning?

I would normally give it a wipe from inside to outside with warm salty water. Use a clean piece of cotton wool each time.

They have to use something to keep the eye lubricated during the procedure, so what you're seeing is normal :) Hopefully it will right itself in a couple of days. If you want to bathe with warm saline (or cooled boiled water) then that would be ok.

They have to use something to keep the eye lubricated during the procedure, so what you're seeing is normal :) Hopefully it will right itself in a couple of days. If you want to bathe with warm saline (or cooled boiled water) then that would be ok.

thankyou both of you, pixels eyes seem ok just zuma is it ok to be a bit gunky?

Mine often come home with a bit of gunk in. I imagine it depends on what they use, and how much. If they used a bit more in his eyes then I can imagine it would gunk more.

We've been through loads of GAs here and only ever had a problem with two of my fosters and their eyes just ran for about a week after- no infection, presumably just they got irritated by whatever was used.

Mine often come home with a bit of gunk in. I imagine it depends on what they use, and how much. If they used a bit more in his eyes then I can imagine it would gunk more.

We've been through loads of GAs here and only ever had a problem with two of my fosters and their eyes just ran for about a week after- no infection, presumably just they got irritated by whatever was used.

ill say this till the day i die, you are amazing i could kiss you !!!
i have panic'd about so many things in the past you have always put my mind at rest and helped me :love::love::love:

If you're worried then get a vet check up, but hopefully it will ease shortly :)

Also, glad he is doing all the stuff he needs to do :)

Back