• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For those who use blankets for outside bunnies

Anna xx

Warren Scout
I use blankets for their hutch instead of straw.. down the bottom ( Hay in their bedroom and litter tray )

just wondering how often everyone changes them?

x

I use blankets but my buns are litter trained so no mess on them, are yours litter trained? :wave:

Mine get aired through the day if it is dry and then put back at night. I change them every few days when dry or every day if it is wet and their paws are mucky.

I use blankets/towls in my creates. They always pee on them so i have to change them around ever 3 days depending on how mucky they are :roll:

I layer towels and fleeces on the shed floor as Pickle gets sore hocks. They are litter trained so they don't get wet. I change the top layer of fleeces every week (I brush the fur off everyday as they are moulting so much) and change the whole lot every other week. If anything gets dirty from muddy paws then I'll change them as and when.

I put blankets in my shed for my buns and I very rarely wash them.
They don't pee or poop on them, so I just shake any hay off every day or two and wash them if they look grubby or smell.

Same as with my clothes and bedding. If there's no reason to wash it, I don't. :oops:

mine r litter trained so dont wee at all on them - but occasionally drop or a poop or two on them

I've been brushing them off every day and washign every other n i though it was a bit excessive lol

xx

Not outside but I brush my buns ones every few days, hoover once a week and hoover and wash every fortnight.

Mine have blankets in some areas......I wash and change them every few days.....unless they have got wet or wee'd on - then straight away. :p

Back