• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nutty ball?

minilops79

Warren Scout
I bought one for the bunnies, its willow with monkey nuts inside!! Was just having a think about it though and thought they couldnt have nuts :?

My rabbits have eaten nuts, the ones you get in hamster treats, and its never done them any harm. But I wouldn't recommend it frequently.

Thankyou :) It does say its a rabbits toy :? Obviously I wont be giving them one every day but you think it would be ok for them to have it as a treat?

I give my buns monkeynuts occasionally as they love to demolish the shells! They are safe for them to eat (with the exception of most almonds) but arent healthy for them as they are high in fat and protein.

So treat feed them nuts as often as you would feed yourself double chocolate gateau with 2 different types of cream. Its fine, as long as its an occasional treat.

Back