• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how long after mowing the grass

I let B&G out the day after, as the weather has been so ****, i wanted them to get fresh air before it rained again.

Mine are out while it's being cut! They really like it just mown as it's easier to get to the juicy bottom bits of the grass!:lol:

i've just seen it and it's all brown and dead! :shock: he asked if we had rabbits :oops::lol: it does look a mess! :shock:

Mine go back out after it has been cut if the weather is appropriate.

Mowed grass isn't appropriate to be fed but my dad has a flymo which catches all the grass so none is left in the garden.

Mine go back out after it has been cut if the weather is appropriate.

Mowed grass isn't appropriate to be fed but my dad has a flymo which catches all the grass so none is left in the garden.

Was it maybe that you can't feed the cut grass from the lawn mower because of oil, maybe?? Can't remember now

this is what i was thinking. the main bits were caught but there's some smaller bits around. not that there is any grass to eat mind you, just brown patches of lawn! :lol:

I mow around the rabbits' run and surprisingly they weren't frightened at all. In fact they must be deaf and blind as they completely ignored it and they'd never seen one before! I was quite impressed. However, when my belly rumbled when they were having a cuddle (prevous thread of mine), Thumper shot off and stamped the floor in fright :lol:

You can't cut the grass and feed them the clippings but the little bits left on the grass after mowing I wouldn't have thought would do them any harm. Mine have chewed on enough toxic plants over the last fortnight and they're still hopping around, y'know, a snatched mouthful here, snatched mouthful there. They're so damn fast!

Last edited:
I mow around the rabbits' run and surprisingly they weren't frightened at all. In fact they must be deaf and blind as they completely ignored it and they'd never seen one before! I was quite impressed. However, when my belly rumbled when they were having a cuddle (prevous thread of mine), Thumper shot off and stamped the floor in fright :lol:

You can't cut the grass and feed them the clippings but the little bits left on the grass after mowing I wouldn't have thought would do them any harm. Mine have chewed on enough toxic plants over the last fortnight and they're still hopping around, y'know, a snatched mouthful here, snatched mouthful there. They're so damn fast!

:lol: scared of your tummy rumbling! bless em! :love: i know when i sneeze, bisc gets extremely offended! :oops:

my dad used to mow the grass around their run when i lived there and bisc and matt loved it and binkied and ran next to it as he went past! :lol::love:

you sound so much more laid back than me.. i was inspecting the grass before for signs of poison! :oops:

:lol: scared of your tummy rumbling! bless em! :love: i know when i sneeze, bisc gets extremely offended! :oops:

my dad used to mow the grass around their run when i lived there and bisc and matt loved it and binkied and ran next to it as he went past! :lol::love:

you sound so much more laid back than me.. i was inspecting the grass before for signs of poison! :oops:

Mmm - I just hope it doesn't backfire :shock:

to be honest, our lawns are looked after by Green Thumb so 99.9% of weeds are gone. It's the flowers that worry me. Apparently most flowers grown from bulbs are toxic. Don't know why though, just what I've read. I just hope that they're not slowly being poisoned and I don't realise it, like the toxin's building up in their bodies as they can't get rid of it. Like arsenic in humans. So I'm told *coughs* :lol: :lol:

Mmm - I just hope it doesn't backfire :shock:

to be honest, our lawns are looked after by Green Thumb so 99.9% of weeds are gone. It's the flowers that worry me. Apparently most flowers grown from bulbs are toxic. Don't know why though, just what I've read. I just hope that they're not slowly being poisoned and I don't realise it, like the toxin's building up in their bodies as they can't get rid of it. Like arsenic in humans. So I'm told *coughs* :lol: :lol:

:shock: :lol: i think i'm safe as ours is just a pile of mud it would seem! :lol:

thanks everyone, bisc and matt haven't had the run of the whole garden yet this year as we had ragwort growing etc. so tomorrow they will be having the whole garden again! they will be so excited. would have been today but i need to use some nic cubes to build a fence round the water butt and drain as bisc is obsessed with those! :roll:

Back