• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feel So Guilty :((

caylar

New Kit
Hello guys,

I am coming on here for some comfort as I am at my wits end! On Monday my lovely bunny Thumper died aged 4! He was a lop eared rabbit and my best friend! I dont know why he died and vet cannot help!

Friday night he seemed a little quiet and when I got up Saturday I knew he was poorly as he hadnt eaten! I took him straight to my vet and he said Thumper had an infected tooth, put him on antibiotics and told me to try and get him eating - worst case scenario he may need the tooth out! As soon as I got Thumper back to the car he started making a weird noise like a humming sound! I ran him back into the vet and was told he was storing his saliva in his throat as he didnt want to swallow and he would be ok when we got home! Later in the afternoon Thumper started to bring up saliva like liquid and making choking sounds and so I decided to take him to the emergency vets! They kept him overnight on oxygen and said his chest sounded funny! We got him back Sunday morning, took him back to our vet and they said we needed to bring him back Monday to have his tooth out and his chest was fine! So again we took him home where he continued with this choking/saliva outbursts! I felt so helpless but vet said he would be ok once tooth gone!

Monday morning he went to have his operation and the vet rang to say Thumper had a fit but he thought he had caught his tooth funny and it was the pain! They did the operation and took out 2 teeth and then said he seemed ok but within an hour he had another siezure and was back on oxygen! By the time my partner got there at 6pm he stroked him and Thumper took a breath and died! What happened to my bunny? I feel so so so guilty like I killed him and his bad teeth were all my fault! He has 6 monthly checks, all his jabs and we have paid £500 in vets bills this weekend alone and would have paid loads more to have him safe :eek:( Vet said it could have been a stroke or it could have been an infection so bad it went to his brain!

I miss him so so much! :( xxxx

I am so sorry for your lose, please don't feel guilty. You had done everything you could possibly of done :(

Oh my god this sounds like the worse nightmare I feel so bad for you
I can understand why you feel guilty it is natural I would too but please don't beat yourself up about this it's not your fault. :cry:

Ruthie xxx

Back