• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

makes me sad

Auzelia

Young Bun
I know I only just got Dusty and he is lucky that his previous owner who got him from p@h had bought him his own XL dog crate from there instead of one of those rabbit cages they sell for indoor rabbits.

He didn't get on with the other 3 boys that she had so he had his own home. But looking at him in his crate, jumping about, flinging his toilet roll holder about and going to his toilet corner, then his lie down mat. Then when he stretches he is super tall even tho he is a wee mini lop.

I look at him and I can't imagine him in one of those indoor cages. Those poor bunnies. Are they really ok to be sold for them, or are they maybe designed just for sleeping in and for rabbits who get to free range the house all day long.

We let Dusty free range the living room a few times a day until he is used to us and we have finished bunny proofing it.

I reckon Dusty got pretty lucky to come to you.

No, those cages are not really appropriate at all, sadly, yet shops still sell them because people still buy them. They can be ok as a 'base' but not as a full time living area.

Back