• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

white bunnies and yellow feet?

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
the 3 lionheads have always got yellow feet, i think its because they sit in their litter trays all the time, i have changed them over to megazorb wich has made it a bit better.
but how can i rid of yellow feeties?
:?

Time.

As long as it's not causing them a problem, then it's not worth the stress of trying to get it off their feet. If it is caked on and causing an issue, then bathing the feet might be an option, but only if it is going to benefit the bunny.

I wouldn't bother.

Snowball had black feet from the one time I used newspaper.

It took a good few months for them to go back to a normal colour. Then I went and put newspaper in the pen for bonding and now they are black again :roll::lol:

Bunsk always has a yellow tinge to his feet, no matter what I do. He always has since I got him :lol:

Mine have white feeties well actually they have kind of lived with a yellow tinge for goodness knows how long :lol:

Bracken lives in one of thelitter trays :roll:

thanks guys just a little bit embarassing with zuma and pixel going to the vet i feel they should be all perfect :oops::oops:

ill leave them theyre on fleece tonight maybe it will disapear over night (yeah right):lol::lol::lol:

Unless the feet are soaked and smelling, they're not doing any harm. You can use cornflour or chalk powder to absorb any dirt and make them look a bit lighter but it wont remove the stains

I think its just one of those things. Islay's feet are ALWAYS filthy, she looks like those bunnies I see in cruelty cases where they never have their hutches cleaned...but its purely because she sits in her tray all day.

My rabbits never have dirty feet maybe a hint of yellow but well, they do run on grass! Unless you think they are dirty here...

I use newspaper for bedding plus a thick layer of hay and change every two days. :)

actually just wondered if it could be that theyre run is on concrete aswell?

doesnt help theyre both mega fluffy feet so it looks worse?

actually just wondered if it could be that theyre run is on concrete aswell?

doesnt help theyre both mega fluffy feet so it looks worse?

If they're on concrete and do a wee, it's not going to be absorbed by the ground so they can easily stand in it.

Even with the cleanest rabbits, shavings and hay can stain, it's not just wee

I'm sure the vet would rather see a rabbit with green feet than a spotless one, green suggests the rabbit is out a lot

Bouncer has slightly yellow feet (except for when he's been free ranging & then they're black from digging :roll: ). His set up is on concrete and his litter bowl is filled with newspaper & hay. It is changed twice daily. He never wees anywhere other than is his litter tray & he is constantly grooming himself!

So I assume the staining must be from the hay. It's just one of those things!

Buckley's back feet are yellow. He cleans them less than his front paws. The colour of his feet varies depending on the hay. Really green, soft hay discolours them the most, as do hay cookies (which make his feet a rather luminous shade of green). The Ings hay isn't too bad because it's quite tough so he doesn't crush it with his feet as much.

Ogs feet aren't dirty at all. He has newspaper and a layer of hay in his litter tray. I noticed his feet got worse when he had megazorb and woodchip stuff in there.

Dellys feet were always horribly yellow :( but that was from growing up in a filthy hutch.

I wouldn't bother.

Snowball had black feet from the one time I used newspaper.

It took a good few months for them to go back to a normal colour. Then I went and put newspaper in the pen for bonding and now they are black again :roll::lol:

My guineapigs are called snowball and lucas. It has absolutely no relevance what so ever to this thread, i just thought I`d tell you :lol:

Back