• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tunnels and Play Things

Daniel

Alpha Buck
Looking at making some tunnels and just got a few questions on what rabbit’s like and things around that, just something fun to a rabbit.

Should tunnels be long, let say around 3ft or shooter than 3ft?
Closed or open, by this I mean open with wire mesh or dark to block light?
Would rabbits enjoy tunnels that go up and down? Or should they stay level?
Should they have different ways to go, like 3 tunnels that join together?

As for a play thing, looking at making something that allows the rabbit to jump over, walk under and sit on, is there anything else that would be fun for a rabbit to do around those lines?

Other ideas are welcome.

I wouldnt make them out of mesh they could hurt themselves.

Length depends on the amount of space you have but them need to be wide enough for the buns to be able to fit. You can buy collaspsible green plastic tunnels from pet shops and supermarkets

I wouldnt make them out of mesh they could hurt themselves.

Length depends on the amount of space you have but them need to be wide enough for the buns to be able to fit. You can buy collaspsible green plastic tunnels from pet shops and supermarkets

I'm more looking at making my own versions, i never meant i would make them out of mesh, what i meant is: should the timber frame be filled with welded mesh or timber (the floor would be timber).

I have been making some little boxes for them to go on and in. They are open at the front and the sides and top are 12"x12". I am going to start making some of different sizes, taller and fatter. It cost £4.85 for enough materials to make 2!!

Fosterhutch4.JPG

I have been making some little boxes for them to go on and in. They are open at the front and the sides and top are 12"x12". I am going to start making some of different sizes, taller and fatter. It cost £4.85 for enough materials to make 2!!

I see what you've done but i am looking for something on a larger scale. I was hoping that someone on here would know what rabbits like to do so i could see about building something for that.

Like i said, i was looking at doing something that allows the rabbit to jump over, sit on and walk under with different levels. And was looking for something else or better that is more fun for rabbits.

Back