• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wildies With Myxi on Animal 24/7

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
They had 4 wildies being treated for Myxi at a Wildlife Centre. Nothing was said as to how long they had been there, but they were having their pre release check-up. All the Vet did was check their eyes, saying that as long as they were OK they were 'cured' :?

What about the obvious secondary pneumonia that nearly always occurs :?

Three Rabbits were OK'd to be released as their eyes were better, one still had conjunctivitis.

Now whilst I am obviously glad that so far the wildies have survived I find it odd that nothing was mentioned re the pneumonia which often strikes AFTER the external symptoms have resolved. How ethical is it to release these Rabbits given that they wont receive ongoing abx treatment and if they succumb to pneumonia they will have a very traumatic death :cry:

And they never took the opportunity to mention the fact that Pet Rabbits can be vaccinated against Myxi.

odd

i agree they should have at least mention to veiwers on getting there rabbits vaccinated against myxi really do hope those rabbits have survived

Back