• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nice surprise last night - bunnies on slabs!

paulinejoe

Mama Doe
I knew my OH had spoken to a bloke about putting my buns on slabs as since we moved they've been on a sloping bit of gravel with some hardboard under their run and i've been getting really upset about it - well - i got home last night and it's been done! And I didn't realise how nice he was going to do it, they've got a whole slightly raised up section betweent he conservatory and the hedge of paving slabs with a wood trim around the edge and a small gravel border that I can put their solar lights into and the best bit is our neighbour has built Nutmeg a hutch and run which is also on there :D There's still room for some tubs too so going to sow some bunny friendly plants and herbs.

before I get jumped on, the hutch is a bit on the small side - about 4 foot but it's got a really long run (over 6 foot) which is also much higher than Joe&Jessies, it;s halfway up my thigh and i'm quite tall, but it was a surprise so I didn't have any input into it and it's alot bigger than what she's had indoors while we're at work so she loves it, she was binkying about like crazy last night and the plan is that once bits have been seen to then will bond as a trio then get the neighbour to join the two hutch and runs together then they will have a big upstairs hutch, a super-run and the littler hutch as just a shelter/loo

We've no broadband at home until next week so can't put piccies on but i'm just so happy because Joe& Jess actually looked happy when i got home last night, they didn't like the hardboard as it was slightly slippy and with the slope their balls always rolled into one corner, my OH thinks I'm nuts but I could tell by the look on their faces that they are much happier on their new base :)

Back